let's be honest shall we:
1. We stink and should not be surprised. Beating bad teams don't make us 'back on track'. We do not have talent on this team
2. KY, year in and year out have freshmen and sophomores excel and play like big boys. We do not have that type of athletes.
3. excuses - we are young - in modern era of college BB is invalid or lacks substance. It's what best schools face each year, and the best programs excel at it. We are NOT an elite program. We are a decent top 50 program in the country at best and trend will continue.
4. Matta has been great for OSU and love him; but like any jobs, sometime it comes time to make a change. It's good for the individual and organization. That time is near. Not saying this year, but it should come soon. We need new energy, direction, approach, recruiting, etc.
5. This group we currently have won't amount to anything. We will see for sure in 2-3 years but I don't see the talent. What we have are decent players who will become pretty good, but we will not be a top 3-4 in BiG and won't be top 25... can we make the dance once out of next 3-4, maybe.... but is that enough at OSU?
We have had many bad years in BB in the last 25 years so I am fine with not being good. I just wish we were more honest of our current program's status... too many here think we can make the dance.. or we will be very good in 1-2 year w/ this group. that's just not going to happen.
Low expectation. I still watch every game and cheer for a win. But when this happens, I remind myself that we are just not talented enough and coached well enough to be what we used to be when we had elite players... For some reason, elite 5 stars do not come to OSU any more....