I agree with your premise but what I love about this coaching staff is they rate players differently than just run fast, jump high, etc. They are more likely to accept what the rating services call a 3 star if the kid is intelligent and has a good family support system behind him. I think in the coaches minds, those two last items can give a kid and additional star(s). By the same token, absence of that can subtract a star from a kid. To use Urban's own words they don't want the types of kids who will be "the pains in the ass".
I don't think you are a jerk at all. I agree with you. It even bothers me to see clothing made out of flag type material.
I am not a Cowherd fan by any means and am always happy to throw him under the bus. I saw this, however and aside from the buy/bye issue which was valid, he did everything he could to give Harbaugh a chance to sell *ichigan football. I cant believe how a professional would throw away the chance to market his program.
Never meant to say he was sympathetic. But when his scholly was pulled he was afraid that close to NSD all spots at colleges as reputable as Stanford would have their classes filled. His story turned out well, no question, but he had verballed to Stanford for over a year. Harbaugh had in place for a while. His thought was that if his scholarship was going to be pulled, he would have liked to have time to re open his recruitment.
This kid is the next Dez Bryant without the off field issues.
Looks like it's gonna be a long offseason.
I have traveled my entire career and have met many folks in the airports and on planes. Here are my favorites:
- Flew from LA to Las Vegas with Sugar Ray Leonard once. He was a fantastic guy. We laughed the entire way there. He offered to buy my drinks for the entire flight. We were in first class so I commented on what a fantastically generous person he was. :)
- Met Danielle from American Pickers in the Chicago airport. She was even more gracious and friendly than she appears on TV.
- My biggest narcissist but totally entertaining award goes to Bruce Jenner. Flew with him in 1st class from Dallas to LA. We got drunk on the flight together and I had a great time. He talked about himself for 3.5 hours. This was in the late 90s I assume before he wanted to become a woman. It may have even been before he became Mr. Kardashian.
My company bought 3 foursomes in the Reggie Jackson celebrity invitational in the 1999/2000 timeframe. Every 4some got to play with a celebrity. Willie Mays played in my foursome. He was fantastic. His eyes were bad so he didn't really play but he rode with us and entertained us. Notable great guys from that experience was Ernie Banks, Joe Montana, Richard Karn, Rollie Fingers, Vince Coleman and Jim Palmer. The three regular guys from my company were sitting at a table eating dinner after the tournament and Jim Palmer came up and was so humble that he asked us if he could join us at our table. Of course, we said please do and for the next hour he kept us in stiches. He was hilarious. He told us stories about doing Monday Night Baseball with Al Michaels and Howard Cosell. He can do a perfect impersonation of Howard Cosell and we almost fell on the floor laughing at his stories and his impersonation.
- Reggie Jackson was very friendly but he is tied with Bruce Jenner for narcissistic but entertaining
- It was at this tournament that I met the biggest celebrity true prick I have ever met in my life and I was devastated. Joe Morgan who I great up idolizing was the most arrogant person I have ever met. After the golf all of us normal guys as well as many of the celebrities talked about what a prick he was.
After watching that Gasol Conley post I now know who was in the costumes as the right and left sharks at the Super Bowl.
I bet TSUN is so proud of the endorsement their new coach just got from such a fine upstanding, high character young man.
My favorite was his response to Bosa's tweet.
Now that this has come out, I can finally go to bed now. Wow
If he has this much drama with is recruitment, how will he be as a player and teammate? And how "involved" will his Dad be with his playing time. If I am a coach I don't think I would want him.
Thirded.....if that is a word.