Just a few of my observations (granted, this game really doesn't mean much as for what we're getting in Fall):
- I thought the defense looked better - definitely flying to the ball faster, better pass coverage. Quite impressed with a few plays, particularly Armani Reeves' coverage on a deep ball.
- Wasn't really impressed with either QB. There was only one real bad play by them - the fumble by JT - but just not much impact by either guy.
- There may not be another Carlos Hyde in the backfield, but Elliott is going to be a stud, and there shouldn't be much drop-off with the stable as a whole. Any drop-off will be more o-line related.
- O-line wasn't too impressive, but not everybody was in there. With so much to replace, you can expect some drop-off. They have work to do, but I trust that it'll happen.
- All the starters on the d-line were out? Holy shit, we're going to have a kick-ass d-line this year. Hopefully that can translate into better pass D, unlike last year.
- McMillan looks like a badass.
Boring game. Started flipping to the Masters when it came on.