We didn't look a Coach over tattoos. We lost a coach over LYING about tattoos. Big difference.
Am I missing something? Everybody is critiquing how Silk is spending his money, but nowhere does it say Russell BOUGHT a Rolls-Royce. He only chose to DRIVE the Rolls-Royce as part of the interview.
Another title for Cincinnati....but rest easy NE Ohio, it should be Cleveland's turn for something resembling a 1st-place trophy any generation now. Worst case, have the Browns start taking credit for all of St. Ed's wrestling titles.
Now let me get back to finishing this Three-Way for breakfast before I head to Cincinnati City Council and finalize the secret agreement to have Cincinnati secede from Ohio and join the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
No, Crumb - but somebody did say they were at the game and didn't hear Dalton get any boos. Claimed it was a media ploy to get clicks. I immediately spit out my coffee and questioned that persons hearing (actually, lack thereof).
Sarcasm.. Not sarcasm. Sarcasm. Not Sarcasm. Sarcasm. Not sarcasm.
Removed. meant to reply to previous comment
The hatred towards Cincinnati by some on these boards is both laughable and sad. The lack of geography knowledge is also appalling.
1) "Cincinnati thinks they are part of Kentucky" -> Really? Do you know that 25% of Greater Cincinnati's population resides in another state? And I can assure you with 100% conviction that EASILY the #2 team in the counties bordering Ohio is Ohio State. Yes, UK takes the #1 spot...is this some kind of indictment on Cincinnati? Breaking News - the University of Kentucky has alumni outside of Lexington...some alumni even have the audacity to seek employment in the city of Cincinnati (a whole other state!!!). As hard as it is to believe, sharing a border with another state doesn't exactly make you less of an Ohioan. I know that is hard to contemplate for the 32-year old that has never left Geauga County, but it is true.
2) "I've been to parts of Cincinnati, and they talk with a southern accent" -> Wow...where do I begin? I've been to parts of NW Ohio, and they talk with a Michigan accent. I've been to parts of SE Ohio, and they talk with a WV accent. If walleye, bass, & crappie could talk, I'm pretty sure you'd have people in Cleveland that had an "accent" too.
3) Anybody claiming to have been seriously harrassed for wearing Ohio State gear while in Cincinnati is one of three things: a) a complete & utter p*ssy when it comes to taking gruff from another fan, b) lying about ever really having been to Cincinnati, c) a completely & arrogant jack*ss when donning Ohio State gear in Cincinnati. Chances are more than one apply - because I have been wearing Scarlet & Gray loud & proud for years, and the banter from either UC, UK, or even Xavier fans has been nothing more than what you'd expect from a Michigan fan if I lived in Toledo. In the words of Jeff Foxworthy, "If you spend time worrying about what another team's fans say about a shirt you're wearing, you might just be a p*ssy with an abnormally sheltered lifestyle."
CincyBuck - the "boos" for Urban were light. But I can say WITHOUT A DOUBT, that if you did not hear Andy Dalton get booed when he was introduced in the starting lineups, then you only at the game in your dreams. I turned to my buddy and said it was embarrassing for the city to be booing our starting QB on national TV. You are CERTIFIABLY DEAF if you were in the stadium during the announcing of starting line-ups and did not hear Andy Dalton get booed loud & clear.
I just wish Braxton would take some time out of rehab & practice and spend 30-60 minutes answering all the media's questions directly. Or, even easier, simply spend 5 minutes putting out a Tweet to declare his intention once & for all.
If he does that, we can all go back to criticizing him for wasting time talking to the media or tweeting instead of focusing on his rehab & game preparation.
I personally SHOCKED - shocked I say - that a classy town like Cleveland would have a fan spit on an opposing player! When I hear "class," I think of Browns, Indians, and Cavs fans. Now time for me to get back to enjoying a 3-way and Cheese Coney. You want me to save you a bite, @marion_ohio?
Skyline = gold on a bun/spaghetti
Let's see....we have failed to play 4 good games in succession for 2 years now. We have beaten 2 decent-to-good teams this year (Maryland & Purdue). We have shown zero ability to play a 40 consecutive minutes with energy - something that is a mandatory if you plan to beat good teams in a tournament atmosphere.
In order to be a dark horse & win the region, we'd likely need to beat VCU, Arizona, Xavier & Wisconsin over the next 11 days. Using this season's past results, there is only one team - Xavier - that we would have the slightest chance of competing with. And i say that only because the Ohio State & Xavier will take turns allowing the opponent to go on 14-2 runs with zero sense of urgency.
I love Thad Matta, and genuinely feel bad for what he has to endure in coaching this team. Having said that, we will be down by more than 18 in the first half to VCU. And the curtain will mercilessly close on this season.
Hatin' on Skyline Chili proves - once & for all - that Ohioans north & northeast of Columbus are the trashiest, most uneducated, and impoverished souls in this Great State. If the Ohio settlers could go back in time, they'd completely flip the state's demographics, putting Cincinnati in the NE & Cleveland in the SW. This would put current-day Northeastern Ohioans closer to their obese, belligerent, self-absorbed kin folk living below the Mason-Dixon line.
Nobody hates on Skyline...nobody! Sam Wyche approves of this message.
Yeah, but he plays a lot of cupcakes....when every other good coach does nothing but play 15 pre-conference games against Top 5 teams. Winning 20 games per year for 13 straight years is easy to do...just ask
Tom Izzo, Billy Donovan, Bo Ryan, Roy Williams.
There obviously is still friction....or else this picture would've been taking with the College Football Playoff Championship Trophy. I better start a new thread about this being a sign of worse things to come....
Over the past 10 years, only 1 team (2012 Kentucky) won the Title after entering the tournament as the overall #1 seed. So, there are 9 others teams/programs the past 10 years that would also argue their team SHOULD'VE won a title because of the talent. Simply put, having the best team and best talent is almost always mutually exclusive of winning 6 straight games in late March & early April.
As for Thad out-recruiting the rest of the B1G....I guess Thad's 9 combined regular season and/or Tournament titles in 10 years should be more like 20 if he was a competent coach? No reason his teams shouldn't win every regular season & tournament title. After all, its not like he's coaching against formidable opponents. Tom Izzo? Bo Ryan? John Beilein? Bunch of hacks.
"Underachieving year in year out is really wearing me out?" Are you seriously making that statement? Last years loss to Dayton snapped a 4-year string of making the Sweet 16...the longest streak in the nation! We've won a higher percentage of games the past 10 years than every team in the country EXCEPT for Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, & Gonzaga.
Sick of "underachieving"...unbelievable.
Who is the f#%king moron that down-voted this? A serious lack of humor by somebody on this site!
Could tell you EXACTLY where I was on the night. At a buddies house flipping back & forth between the NBA All-Star weekend events (Slam Dunk, etc) and the Tyson-Douglas fight.
And can somebody correct me on this one....the fight occurred on a SATURDAY NIGHT, but February 11, 1990 was a SUNDAY. I assume this has to do with the fact the fight did - indeed - occur in Japan on Sunday afternoon.
This year's team has proven they cannot consistently bring their 'A Game.' And if you have losses at Indiana & Purdue, there is no reason to assume any game at Sparty, TTUN, or Penn State for that matter will be easy.
This team is best described as being "pretty good" - and "pretty good" teams don't go on 8-9 game winning streaks in conference, including road games against rivals.
24-9 sounds about right to me. That would put us squarely in the 6 or 7-seed range.
Do you watch any college basketball? Because if you did, you'd realize the #1 team in the nation (and the team that has something like 48 McDonald's All Americans on their roster) play defense first & foremost. If you don't play defense, you are not playing for John Calipari - plain & simple. Thad stressing defense first has zero connectivity to some Ohio kids playing elsewhere.
Top College Basketball Programs Winning Percentage Since 2004-05 Season:
1) Kansas (83.4% Winning Percentage): 1 NCAA Title, 2 Final Fours
2) Duke (81.4%): 1 NCAA Title, 1 Final Four
3) Gonzaga (79.9%): 0 NCAA Titles, 0 Final Fours
4) North Carolina (78.6%): 2 NCAA Titles, 3 Final Fours
T5) Florida (76.8%): 2 NCAA Titles, 3 Final Fours
T5) Ohio State (76.8%): 0 NCAA Titles, 2 Final Fours
7) Louisville (76.1%): 1 NCAA Title, 3 Final Fours
8) Kentucky (73.5%): 1 NCAA Title, 3 Final Fours
9) Michigan State (72.9%): 0 NCAA Titles, 3 Final fours
10) UCONN (72.7%): 2 NCAA Titles, 3 Final Fours
Can somebody PLEASE show Thad the door ASAP? His results simply don't live up to some of these other "randomly selected" mid-level basketball programs I pulled from a hat for comparisons sake.
Looking at the Grid posted by BP makes really points out two big things to me, concerning next year:
1) We will be REALLY inexperienced at the "Pure WR" position when you get past Corey Smith & Mike Thomas (realizing we will have Jalin & Dontre catching a lot of balls too)
2) Same can be said for our DLine...lots of talent behind the 3 returners (assuming Schutt starts), but not a lot of experience. Tracey Sprinkle will be our 4th most experienced DL next year
Being a "Happy Camper" is much different than being an idiot that thinks a loss means the Coaching Staff is incompetent, unprepared, and not worthy of a job. As crazy as it sounds, a coach can be very smart, very prepared, and perfectly suited for a job - and his team could STILL lose. Crazy, isn't? Something they refer to as "sporting activities that include another team that also has a desire to succeed."
Secondly, calling out Tom Herman after the VT loss for "losing 3 out of 4 games" might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Tom Herman's offenses put up a combined 80 pts & 1,128 yards in those three losses. People being called out on this thread are the same people lots of us Ohio State fans have to apologize for on a daily basis when we wear Scarlet & Gray.
I think I have an issue...I REALLY enjoy "Down-voting" idiots that don't follow the rules.