My 11 year-old daughter and 8 year-old son stayed up with me the entire time to watch the game. As the clock was winding down I told them to get their shoes on.
"Why? Where are we going?" They asked.
"We're going to celebrate!" I said, and we took a lap around the culd-de-sac in their pajamas (shorts for me) in 10* weather and 4" of snow on the ground.
This championship feels different to me...
- The Miami game (as Ramzy said) felt like the first ever,
- I felt like Tressel finally vanquished Michigan (my college years = Cooper).
- I feel like Urban vanquished the SEC and ESPN.
- After the '02 Michigan game, there was a month of build-up.
- After the '14 Michigan game we didn't even know if we could win the B1G Championship game.
- I was surprised we beat Miami in '03 - but I was a bit surprised more surprised at all the things that happened this year.
- This was now our 4th attempt in my lifetime.
- I could share this one with my kids - didn't have any for the last one.