I kinda get that same feeling, but maybe with a solid gameplan on offense, we can see the progress in a young core like the defense did this year in the secondary.
Unfortunately, I think it's probably everywhere in America to some degree.
Considering our O-Line hasn't been the best at blocking and it's their job, I don't know how you sit your biggest playmakers at WR, regardless of how good Urban wants the WR to be at blocking.
lol @ nike if they think I'm gonna buy these. No offense to anyone who likes them, but these are by far the worst OSU apparel I've seen so far.
The Buckeyes are 7-1, control their own destiny to get to the CFP and this is the topic we are talking about?
Great points. I couldn't believe that Urban didn't move the pocket after Prince was getting destroyed several times. It's one thing to play poorly, but it's another thing to not make the adjustments you need to make to win.
It almost seems like Urban and the staff just get so stubborn that "their way is the right way." While it's hard to argue against coach's record here so far, it still seems a bit baffling in the losses/lack luster wins.
The sad part about Prince's poor play is that it seemed like most of the errors he made could have been prevented if he would have just bent his damn knees.
He was playing so high and got beat lunging several times. Easy to fix but you could tell the kid had no confidence in himself by the end of the game.
They just announced the Tribe game will start at 4pm, which should ease the wait if you're into baseball.
However, this just means the Sunday hangover is going to be 5x worse with that extra 4 hours of
Really good 2nd quarter after a meh 1st quarter. While the game wasn't expected to be close, I'm glad the team can still find ways to use this game for improvement and they showed that via the 2 minute drill.
Let's get a few more TDs and go celebrate win #4 healthy.
A writer for another OSU blog called the duo "Death and Taxes" and I think it's by far the best combo nickname I've ever heard.
Haha I washed them down with a nice cold yuengling from the open bar wedding I was at and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
I was wrong and I'm so happy about it. Go Bucks!
I was saying I don't think you can assume BG or Tulsa are very good this year just because they had good offenses last year. I think both teams are quite trash compared to the recent teams both schools have had.
Basically, I'm saying I don't put all that much stock into the success of the first two games. I believe OSU's talent is superior to OU, I just don't see them playing a complete enough game to win on the road.
Interesting to see what type of defense OU actually runs this game.
JT plays extremely well when he has time to read and react. He should have plenty of time with that 3 man front (unless they start blitzing heavily) and that could be the difference in the game. If OSU does what they want through the air, I think they get this W.
However, I think they're going to show a completely different front (a la VT) and it's really going to hamper the offense. I assume the OSU coaches expect something like this, but you only have so much time to prepare during the week. I would find it unlikely that they'll practice against theoretical defenses OU "may" throw out there.
This game can't come soon enough.
I imagine we run way too many QB keeps after our WRs don't get open the first few drives.
I don't see the Bucks pulling this one out, OU 24 - OSU 17
I don't think it's that crazy.
While Tulsa and BG had prolific offenses in the past, these teams are not elite in recruiting. Shifting from year to year, there is no guarantee that they will have as much success as their prior years like the the blue bloods of college football do.
I will gladly eat my words if the Buckeyes win, but I simply don't think OSU is good enough yet to beat OU on the road.
Oh man, this is such a good point.
This will be a hilarious story next year when that kid has to come into Columbus.
Hilarious how baby boomers want to whine and complain that the generations below them are ruining this country and its values.
Oddly, they don't ever seem to note that they are the ones that raised the people/generation who are "ruining" this country.
I completely disagree with you on reversing this decision. Here are a few reasons why:
1) What is more alarming to me than the incorrect call by the refs is why the rules don't exist to give CMU another play. Why should the offense be allowed to commit a penalty and still get the benefit of committing that penalty? That makes absolutely no sense, as it is the opposite effect penalties were in fact implemented to create. If you want to run out the clock, then call a real play that doesn't require you to commit a penalty.
2) They still had to give up a touchdown in order to lose. Tough shit, Ok. State. Play better and it doesn't happen, regardless of the referees. You got caught playing scared and lost because of it.
The Away Whites, regardless if alternates or regular version, are our best uni's.
I love this look.
1) I don't understand why people think Corey Smith is going to be good all of a sudden. He continuously underperformed and at some point, you just have to call a spade a spade. I don't see him maintaining his play time, as eventually the WR rotation will dwindle down once the schedule heats up (Urban always says he wants to play 10 dudes at every position and never does).
2) Curtis Samuel is going to destroy some teams this year. He is the real deal.
3) Keep everyone healthy and get ready for OU.
The Dogwood is a good place to go. I was in Austin for work last year during the season and it's definitely solid.
I don't really see the comparison between Catholic jokes and serial domestic assaulters/rapists, but I get your point.
Just because the university made the decision, doesn't mean they made the correct one. I think it's fair to say that the university has a tendency to overreact to situations in order to cover their own ass (see Dr. Gordon Gee).
On the other hand, Urban's punishment for players has usually been more than what is required. Without us knowing all the facts, I think it is safe to say that Urban is going to bat for TG because A) he believes he is innocent of what the university is suspending him for B) he believes the punishment is too severe and he would have treated it differently
1) Dear San Diego, if you don't want to pay rookies a giant salary, how about you win some damn football games or trade away your top 3 pick. Simple as that.
2) Alex Boone is the biggest dbag athlete I have ever encountered before and during my time at OSU. We once practiced at the Woody in HS and he was obnoxious as all hell. I'm not a big TP fan either because he was almost as bad, but I'm glad he's actually matured (unlike Boone).
3) Noah. Brown. All. Day.
4) Go Bucks.
There's a reason the majority of these sports are only on TV once every four years. That's all I'm going to say about the Olympics.