Simon was a weight room freak too. They must feed those Youngstown boys differently lol
I'm in med school so I know more than the average Joe but I'm not quite a pro yet (Also any real docs on here correct me if I'm wrong). Ligament sprains grade 1-3 1 mild tear 3 complete tear 2 inbetween that.The MCL is capable of heeling on its own because it has a decent blood supply verses the ACL which has very little blood supply. Most doctors will repair a grade 3 MCL tear surgically from my understanding to speed the healing process. My two guesses of Bell's situation are 1: he had a grade 3 tear like you indicated and needed surgery. 2: he had a grade 1 or 2 sprain the doctors went in there to clear things up and also used a PRP (platlet rich plasma) which is a newer technique that adds growth factors taken from your body to accelerate healing and minimize scar tissue.
Must have been a really bad MCL tear if it required surgery, cuz those normally heal on their own.
I think it would be a wise move to redshirt him unless he comes in and turn some heads. He technically should be in the grade below where he is and will only be 17 when he gets to fall camp.
Edit: Correction he will only be 16 when he gets to camp***
Bosa starting over Washington would be the equivalent of Erick Smith coming in and starting over Vonn Bell IMO.
- McMillan definitely could if C. Grant tanks. In all honesty I'm at the point where if him and Raekwon look to be the same talent level at Fall camp, I'm starting Raekwon cuz he just has a higher upside at this point.
- Dixon has a great future but I don't see next year being his year to start and shine with D. Smith, E. Spencer, and Dontre coming back plus the emergence of Jalin Marshall, Jeff Greene, and Michael Thomas
- Erick Smith will definitely battle it out at safety and STAR and push for PT in nickle or dime packages
- Webb could definitely push for time at corner. Grant has one spot locked down. The other corner is going to be a battle between Reeves, Conley, Apple, Webb, and Lattimore IMO.
- I'm also going to throw Knox and J.Jones names in there as we recently lost 4 starting OL and aside from Decker and Elflein I see 3 spots that are wide open for competition.
I like watkins with the 4th pick I think most QBs in this years draft would be a reach there
Its honestly sad you're saying this about Mitchell. His dad is sick and he wants to be home with his family. He made a grown man decision and I completely respect that.
That's crazy to me Apple still has his black stripe especially when some people said he was playing well towards the end of the year in practice. I mean not to be blunt but even Baugh has his black stripe removed and he's been in the dog house since day one.
I think you misread what I wrote. I said Kentucky is beating MSU for mid-tier Ohio kids like is getting them to come to Kentucky rather than Sparty. Thaddeus Snodgrass, Darius West, Nick Richardson, Tymere Dubose are all examples of mid tier Ohio kids that had offers from both, but decided to go play for Kentucky.
I'm pretty sure your Garrett statement is false. It was probably more that Raekwon was at the top of our board at MLB and we were going all in on him.
Everything's bigger in Texas I guess
If we land Kirk between him, Dontre, Samuel, Run TMC, and Zeke among the others the BIG Ten officials will be handing out speeding tickets to Urban with all that offensive speed.
- At this point after moving Hale, who was listed as the starting NG ALL YEAR over to offense you have to figure its true. I don't believe he will be full time inside but he will be playing there a lot more with the emergence of Bosa. Idk what games Meyer will play with the official depth chart. For all we know he could still be listed as the #2 SSDE behind Bosa and play 70% of the snaps at DT. All I know is we have A LOT of depth and its pretty scary as we're returning everyone. I see us having 3 tiers of DL as of now. I tried to be conservative ranking the guys based off of what I've seen them do at full health. Obviously things could change after spring ball and fall camp and I put the freshman or guys that haven't played yet in the third tier because they're not proven yet.
- The first tier consisting of Bosa, Spence, Bennett, Washington, Marcus, Schutt.
- Second Tier: Miller, Carter, Hill, Lewis
- Third tier: Frazier, Rock, Munger, Sprinkle, Holmes, Thompson
I'm over Juco OL after our results with them last year get me 4 more Meech's
If he commits we will have have 3 Iggy kids in the past 4 classes
Also any info on Wellsville, OH, Toronto, OH, Weirton WV, Midland Pa, Lisbon OH
I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way, but honestly D'Qwell is average at best. He's been the leading tackler the past few years sure, but the majority of those years we ran a 4-3 which funnels tackles to the MLB. I love my Browns but D'Qwell is not that good and got very over-hyped for being a veteran on the team. His lateral speed was sub par, was awful at sheading blocks once he's engaged, he rarely makes tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage, and I haven't seen him consistently making plays in coverage.
Ya I'm excited for Pittsburgh not being too far. I also wanna go down to Morgantown for a WVU game cuz I like to experience different stadium atmospheres.