There was a lot of strategy in bringing these teams in. While like most people I wasn't thrilled with it I understand the business move.
- It gave Penn State a geographic rival becuase apparently there was some talk of them maybe looking at other conferences
- Money NYC NJ Maryland and DC TV markets are huge
- Academics- both schools are outstanding
- WVU makes sense geographically but they do not fit into the BIG 10 academic wise
- Mizzu is an AAU member I believe. At the time they wanted in, which is when we took Nebraska we either didn't want them or weren't looking to expand.
- Other schools that would fit BIG in these aspects: Duke, UNC, Virginia