Do you know who is Brutus in the Bw photo? I knew Brutus in the late 70's and he looks like him. I cannot remember his name but he was in Alpha Rho Chi as I recall.
Heh. Playing directional School Up North is the only way TSUN get s a W next to its name.
I think there are a number of reasons why the Autobahn ha sits safety record:
1. As you point out, it is maintained.
2. Police actually strictly enforce traffic laws, such as no passing on the right, staying right except to pass, and speed limits (Yes there are speed limits on the Autobahn)
3. German drivers actually obey traffic laws
4. German drivers licenses require you take a serious training course. None of this pass the test , prove you can parallel park and don't violate any traffic laws in the 15 minute road test.
5. German cars actually have to be inspected and maintained; you won't see some clapped out junker on bald tires or with the emergency spare on the front wheel passing you while doing 80+MPH
It's not a mascot but rather a battle cry; and used much like we use OH IO as a greeting. There are several stories about its origins but no matter how it started it's a tradition at Auburn, much like rolling Toomer's Corner. Watching War Eagle fly in at the start of a game at Jordon - Hare is pretty cool (though not as good as TBDBITL's ramp entrance, IMHO).
Auburn will have its hands full with Bama; and if they play the game of their life and Bama is flat they might pull an upset in the Iron Bowl. Fortunately, I already made plans to see OSU play in Indy and or else I'd be buying SEC Championship game tickets if AU went.
Go Bucks. Beat the school up north and War Damn Eagle!
My reaction as well. The UGA player was setting up to intercept when his teammate hit the ball and we started screaming. When UGA marched down the field I was worried that UGA would still pull it out. After Bama's struggles with MSU I think AU has a chance, if they can keep the game fast and high scoring. I don't think AU's defense is all that great, but they've come through so far when needed. War Eagle.
No, if AU wins out and FSU stumbles we could see an OSU / AU NCG. If FSU doesn't we could just see AU wind up #2 ahead of us. I doubt it but watch the argument start if they beat Bama.
I'm surprised Vegas didn't move the line more to even out the betting.