In an answer to the headline of this thread, I will humbly suggest:
1. We know that the selection committee will have a helluva tough job come November. I did not see a team, elite or otherwise, that was unbeatable this past weekend. FSU may be the exception cuz no one in the ACC has their caliber of athletes.
2. I think we'll know the winner of the Michigan - ND game will have a pretty good football team this year...one this fanbase will not want to give credit to. And I think that team will be ND.
3. This weekend will be a "statement" (sorry, best word I could think of) for the B1G. If Sparty, TTUN and our boyz, lay an egg, better start thinking about next year in terms of street cred, cuz there won't be any this year. OTOH...if the 3 of them win....that is a big step, even with Wisky's painful loss.
4. We learned that Georgia has a good football team....maybe a damn good football team. By the second half, they were tossing Clemson around like rag dolls. Not Georgia State or Savanna State, but Clemson.
5. And we Bowling Green alums/fans....learned that Bobby Petrino stocked the cupboard full at Western Kentucky before he bolted for a pay raise in Louisville.