A 1996 graduate of The Ohio State University, Michael is a former Lantern sports editor. He was a sports writer for the Globe-News in Amarillo, Texas in the late 90s and worked for five years in the communications department of the NHL’s Florida Panthers. As a young Buckeye fan, he gasped in horror at his television when Woody Hayes struck Charlie Bauman. He then suffered through the many 9-3 seasons of Earle Bruce and the dark days of John Cooper, but somehow emerged all the stronger for it. A music fanatic with more than 1,300 compact discs ("Grandpa, what are those?"), and about three months worth of music in his iTunes library, Michael also hosts a weekly progressive rock internet radio show. When not writing about the Buckeyes or listening to 20-minute prog rock songs, Michael spends entirely too much time on Twitter or watching television. Or both at the same time.
Beating No. 1 Iowa in 1985, rushing the field, tearing down the goal post in the north end zone and carrying the crossbar up and down High Street all night. Pro Tip: crossbars are heavy, so always go for the uprights.
- College Football Player: Chris Spielman...the manliest of Buckeyes
- College Basketball Player: Jay Burson, Dennis Hopson, Jon Diebler & Aaron Craft (I'm fickle)
- NFL Team: Miami Dolphins
- NHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers
- NBA Team: Boston Celtics
- MLB Team: #RollTribe (AL), Philadelphia Phillies (NL)
- Soccer Team: Manchester United, Crew, Celtic, AS Roma, Atletico Madrid