- During a two year period before a recruit’s enrollment and a two year period after the recruit’s enrollment, schools will not be allowed to employ individuals associated with said recruit in a non-coaching staff position.
- Satellite camps are being banned, camps will be required to take place on campuses or in the facilities used primarily for practice or competition by member schools
Sounds like someone was not very happy with the way scUM has been running their program... at least, they come to mind immediately when reading those two bullets.
I believe another rule change that was proposed was in regards to eligibility:
- A student-athlete would be able to take a redshirt season in any year in which he participates in four or fewer games.
Also, re satellite camps:
- For satellite camps, annually a hot-button topic on all levels of NCAA football, maintaining the current status quo in terms of scheduling: Schools will be able to hold such camps during the first three weeks of June and during the last week of July.
- Coaches will be given 10 individual days within that window to attend camps. The camps must be held either on campus or in partnership with another four-year institution.
Exerts are from this article.