They all still do. Nobody was selected by the Browns.
I also should have mentioned that the headline pic says it all about the Elliotts and the role models they are to Zeke.
I think this situation also highlights the changes UFM has made to his recruiting philosophy since leaving UF and arriving in the 614. It was obvious to Meyer, while at UF, he made some leaps of faith with regard to some prospects simply b/c they had 5-star talent. At OSU, I have noticed that Meyer and his coaches will turn away from a kid if they don't believe he meets their defined high character standards/good family background. I recall Meyer and Co. turning away from a certain 5-star LB from the Midwest a couple of recruiting classes ago and I believe it had to do with character issues.
I posted the smoking pics of Tunsil and Nkemdiche last night not to necessarily show them smoking pot but to show that their character and/or decision making do not seem to be on par with many of OSU's student-athletes (i.e., the anti-Ohio State).
Let's hope the Buckeyes continue to recruit young men of character and guide/mentor them appropriately.
There's Ohio State's Draft Night success then there's the anti-Ohio State...
Social media: It's a bitch.
We're good! No, seriously.
A MOD revealing that top secret info...isn't that like a HIPAA violation or something?
...has most likely NOT been privy to.
The more I read some of the opinion/dissent, the more I'm convinced that this court case is over. The lone dissent (Katzmann) said
I am troubled by the commissioner's decision to uphold the unprecedented four-game suspension.
Funny thing is, isn't this whole "deflate" event "unprecedented," warranting a novel punishment? While not on par with betting on the game that you're playing, Pete Rose received a lot worse punishment for messing with the integrity of the game.
Agreed. The second point is just my opinion...and, like they say, it goes along with my @%#hole.
I believe you're missing the point. Brady and every other NFL player don't have constitutional rights in this process and the typical standards of evidence are not in play. By being a member of the NFLPA, Brady has agreed to abide by the collective bargaining agreement (which may expand or restrict more traditional "rights" that an average citizen is entitled to have). As I understand, the CBA has granted the commish elaborate powers to maintain the integrity of the game. This would conceivably allow Goodell to liberally consider evidence, including hearsay, in making his decisions. Traditional rules of evidence are not applicable. I believe the question that the appellate court answered today was whether Goodell followed the CBA in this regard and the court interpreted the CBA most liberally in the NFL's favor.
With respect to whether Brady knew that the balls were deflated, I rely on the numerous former NFL QBs who have stated that there was no way those balls could be deflated without Brady's knowledge and consent. That's all of the evidence I need...but it's far less than the evidence that the public has most likely been privy to.
I thought it was just facing another former Buckeye.
Just to be fair, I think I see "Ohi" and "tate" mixed in behind the "T" on the map near Atlanta. Could be Heyward or Roby. However, I'm on some strong muscle relaxers right now so I may just be seeing things. Jenkins could be obscured by that mass near Jersey.
2014: Roby & Shazier
It's not a bad time.I don't remember it.
My pick? They weren't even champions. Just presumptive...
Well, he ain't come here to play school! He came here to play football!
Anybody else listening to that intro feel like you were about to watch a boxing match?
"And now, in this corner..."
Celebrating a life insurance policy the right way.
I believe Fox and BTN are both owned by the same company. At least, Fox Entertainment Group owns 51% of BTN and the B1G Conference owns the other 49%. I'm interested to see if the next B1G network deal will go to Fox.
Maybe ESPiN will start to wake up and alter its crappy business model. As such, I be glad to see more former Buckeyes take their talents to other networks.
I noticed UFM coaching the hell out of a couple of players after they made great plays.
1. On Gibson's jet sweep TD, I imagined Meyer telling him to, tuck the ball into his inside arm and drop his shoulder--to extend the ball over the goal line (he had it in his outside arm and it might not have crossed the GL)
2. On Hooker's second half int, I imagined Meyer yelling at him b/c he went to the ground with the ball when he didn't appear to need to. ("You gave up yards!")