-Your Four Teams In the Second Annual College Football Playoff? Ohio State (has the talent), TCU (whiners and Boykin is good), Auburn (new defense and athletes), Clemson (building up for this, tough schedule)
- Your Heisman Trophy Winner? Boykin or Eze - If TCU loses a game then Eze will win it.
- Your Biggest College Football Upset? Michigan over MIchigan St.
- That Team Up Norths Record When the Buckeyes Make the trip on November 28th? 8-3
- JT or Cardale? JT, because of his leadership
- The team that will give Ohio State the biggest scare this season? TTUN - Harblow will have something special he held back. We haven't dominated them the last couple of years, it will be Harblows first game against us, we will be playing for everything while they will be playing to get into the Poulan Weedeater Bowl, and "The Game" is in their house. That game scares me really more than any other at this point.
He passed the looks test.
Who is #77 with the black stripe?
It takes a special kid to come to Ohio State. These decisions involve a lot of people and family members and require much deliberation. The fans of Ohio State places their players on a pedestal, and at 17 it probably seems great. There are great players that come and go each year. If a player and family realize this may not be the best situation because of competition, education or whatever then they should find a school that fits. It will be ok and all parties will be better for it. Last thing we need to do is continue to spend time recruiting someone who's heart is not here in Columbus.
While we wait for the news to drop, imagine what a 17 year old kid is feeling right now. He is getting pulled many different ways and his emotions are all over the place. It can't be easy.
So as I read it he is opening up his recruitment again. I still think there is a chance that he still comes to Ohio State. He has really good relationships with our coaches and he may soon realize we are his best solution. He committed once so he surely can again. I just hope he finds what he is looking for no matter where he goes.
Welcome to the family
Does anyone know if Antwaun brought his Dad with him during the visit or just his coach?
Sorry, I should know this answer. What is CB'd?
So here is how I believe this went down
- Dantonio needs to find a scholarship or two
- Cupp attends FNL and apparently didn't ask permission to get some additional coaching
- Dantonio determines Leipsic High School is not likely to produce alot of Division 1 caliber football players
- Dantonio cuts Cupp from this years class not worried about ramifications out of Leipsic
This kid I believe wanted to come to Ohio State. He had been recruited by OSU and camped here in the past. Unfortunately, Ohio State was looking in a different direction for players and Cupp wasn't going to be part of their plans. So, he chose Michigan St. and was very committed.
It seems as though he has other options which I hope he is able to secure. This is how college sports is now operated.
Antwuan Jackson - likely
He is coming up tomorrow for the weekend.
I have always wondered why Bosa was not in the conversation for Heisman. Great defensive players have often been at least recognized.