Wearing tear-away homemade #45 Archie Griffin t-shirts playing Nerf football in the back yard with my cousin before and at half-time of the 1974 OSU-um game when Mike Lantry (honorable Vietnam Vet - thank you for your service) missed a field goal giving OSU the 12-10 win after listening to my Dad and my Uncle bitch all 1st half after OSU got behind 0-10. Archie, Conelius 'Flam', Pete Johnson and Brian Baschnagel were my heroes... and that Cousineau guy... Watching my Dad and Uncle swear and stress and smoke a few puffs of a cigarette each in the basement while we told them to put it out while they were grinding over this 'sure' FG, drinking two beers inside the commercial break and then watch them leap out of their chairs when Lantry missed and hugging us and throwing us in the air... watching the fans storm the 'Shoe and Schembechler in disbelief over the call... Watching the 2002 OSU - um game with my dad and my son after his Youth Football All-Star Game and throwing him in the air when Will Allen intercepted John Navarre's pass in the end zone... the 2003 Fiesta Bowl with my Dad erasing the '76 Rose Bowl loss and pissing off my mom who said we were too old to get this upset about a football game... Taking my son, my Dad and I to the 'Shoe in 2006 for the OSU - um #1 vs. #2 game and spending $3,000 in one weekend on airfare, scalped tickets, and food and hotel rooms without the wife or my dad knowing... These events all rank just under the water line from the birth of my two children and graduating from West Point so that I could serve America in our U.S. Army ...
- College Football Player: Archie - 2 Time Heisman Winner - #45 - my Hero as a Kid along with Woody and Patton
- College Basketball Player: Bobby Hurley - and I hate Duke. He was a talented scrappy ass kicking winner.
- NFL Team: Packers. Giants.
- NHL Team: Canadiens
- NBA Team: Larry Bird era Celtics... Michael Jordan era Bulls
- MLB Team: Reds... now Texas Rangers because Nolan Ryan is a real American, and the last refuge of America is in Ohio and Texas... then Yankees...
- Soccer Team: Rugby... soccer is the by-product of socialism and countries and socitiies afraid to knock heads shoulder to shoulder like Americans who play football. Although it is fun to watch the Brits in the stands and Aussie Rules football...