Jimmy Tressels show cause is up s/
There are a few things to consider with the offense this year that may or may not change who you blame.
1. Prince needs to improve as a pass rusher. This effects JT's timing.
2. We have no 2nd TE. This effects blocking as well as changes the types of play we run this year vs the past.
3. The Big Ten sucked in 2012. This year it is the best conference in football. Of course our team is going to have some rough games.
4. We probably started with too many WR's rotating in. Hard to get a timing when you don't have all those reps together.
5. JT never had a great arm to begin with. He is amazing at certain things but deep passes were never it.
Maybe Dolans can do a go fund me with us buying season tix to pay for him /s
At this point JT could run 60 times, as long as we win, I don't care.
What I really hope I don't see is 5 wide packages with no one to help chip/block with Prince. It was like an automatic pressure against Michigan. Or if we do that formation there should be a screen or a dump off quickly availible.
Few small rantings.
1. If conference champions were the most important criteria we would have never had a 4 team playoff with 5 leagues. It would have started at 6 or 8.
2. Alabama(eww) is the only team this year who took it out of the committees hands.
3. OOC does matter, hence why OSU is above an equal loss conference champion
4. As an aside to part 1, if conference titles were all that mattered, why have a committee. Just put in the champs and use the BCS computers for seeding.
5. Playing Defense helps.
Then Michigan can soften Bama up.
Wisky dumps PSU, Clemson loses.
We play Washington in round 1 and Wisky softens up Bama some.
He is a Tenneesee homer. Thats why he moved there /s
1. If Ohio St was called Notre Dame we would be in no question.
2. To the next idiot commentator who says "settle it on the field" or "earn on the field". We went 3-1 vs top 9 teams jackasses. Why didn't PSU settle it when they lost by 39! to ScUm or to Pitt? Washington played a bunch of little sisters of the poor OOC. Wisconsins best win is a 4 loss LSU. We also have one less loss then either of them so I guess it settled on the field. It seems we are the only team that has to answer for a misstep.
2. PSU lost by 39 in a game.
Also, Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Northwestern seems to be good especially Wisconsin.
Any thoughts on a correllation between their QB retiring early and Wilson being let go? Apologies if this was covered elsewhere.
I saw on Yappi last night that you have to be physically in the residence of the house to see the TWC channel as opposed to literally every other channel they offer. Not sure if that was true or not. Good luck.
I wish we would schedule USC again to make up for that nonsense last series.
Obviously teams can change from year to year(see Michigan St and Penn St) but in appearance this schedule seems to be pretty balanced with spacing between the "tough" games. I don't see us losing but I could see Army being closer than expected due to being after Oklahoma, hard to get too excited about destroying a service academy, and they run a unique offense.
Houston beat Oklahoma and Louisville and still blew their season
I actually think our biggest problem is we do not have a second TE right now. A lot of our best run plays in the past are out of 2 TE sets. It can also help with blocking and typically makes for easier routes.
Urban left Florida, Kelly is probably leaving ND, Carroll left USC, Saban left LSU, it happens sometimes.
Well UM did beat both Penn St and Wisconsin and they would all have 2 losses. I can't see it myself but weirder things have happened.
I would love to knock off Clemson and Alabama in the same post season.
Has Fickell ever recruited the Florida area? Recruiting is a huge part of the job and he does great. Just curious about familarity to the area.
I think we are in with a win either way but Washington losing to WSu would be nice.
An odd thing happened to me. I was on 538's playoff chance simulator and you can click on different scenarios. Choose who wins this week etc. Penn State winning this week actually increased our chances to make the playoffs. Us winning plus PSU winning put us over 90% chance to make playoffs.
I still think there is a good chance if Herman stays at Houston they get in the Big 12 the next year or two. Big12 seems to go back and forth on this each year and if they miss another playoff they may feel like changing things. Id rather recruit out of Houston ala Miami in the 80's then most other schools.