I agree with Saban. We must reduce the number of plays per game. We cannot have 40+ point games at the expense of these exploited athletes. Saban should advocate the following to injury to student athletes.
1. Let the game clock keep running (stop only for scores). No stoppage for incomplete passes, 1st downs, or out of bounds. Make it like the other football.
2. Overtime should be eliminated.
3. QB's and offensive linemen should sit at least 1 offensive drive per half.
4. No spring practice.
5. Cheerleaders should only be tossed in the air twice per game.
6. NCAA should forbid athletes from smoking more than 1 cigarette per day.
7. Incorporate more streakers to interrupt play (keep clock running).
8. Extend the play clock.
9. Play 8 v 8. After all, fewer players on the field = fewer injuries.
10. Forbid 85 limit scholarship teams to play 65 limit scholarship teams.