They benched him all night, how'd that work out?
He probably got an extra yogurt at lunch, the NCAA can't have that
Also, I know plenty of people who've work on the production crews for Herbie's shows so I find it hilariously ironic every time you call Pryor a Diva.
You lost any and all credibility you had when you said Tressel wasn't a great coach. The man's accomplishments speak for themselves, so its laughable to make that claim. Your recollection of the events between Pryor and Herbsteit if off btw. Herbie slammed Pryor on Gameday in 2009, well before Pryor ever mentioned Kirks name. It was obvious then that Kirks issues wiith Pryor were personal, just like it was obvious in 2004 that Kirks issues with Tressel were personal. Very unprofessional moves by Kirk.
Herbrtreit catches flak because he's the only former I can think of that was criticizing current a current player publicly. His banter with Pryor was downright embarrassing and that falls on Kirk. Think about how Eddie George would look if he went public with negative comments towards Zeke, or how Joey Galloway would look if he took public shots at Michael Thomas. Herbstriet earned his rep with Buckeye Nation when he did that and also when he slammed Tressel in 2004 the way he did. He's the only former player I've seen do anything like that.
For 1 thing, their grammar is wrong!!!!
Don't remember all the details, just remember when the Tressel stuff was going down Hooley was brutalizing him in the media daily. Some OSU fans called Bruce out for attacking Tressel's character when he had that particular skeleton in his closet and Hooley didn't like the tables turning like that. I remember laughing about it a lot.
To get out of a ticket?
I'd say that shit to every single person I met and would have shirts printed up with it on there to wear each day of the week.
Any Buckeye fan knows you don't leave til its over. Carmen Ohio aside, the 2011 Game against Wisconsin and 2012 Game against Purdue are examples why.
Why was the Breathalyzer used if he didn't fail the field sobriety tests? Isn't the point of those tests to determine if someone is actually impaired?
You mean like when Bruce Hooley was hating on Tressel for 10 years and Ohio State fans outed the fact that he drunkenly killed his friend back in the 80's? His reactions to that were pretty comical.
I hope the haters cry about this well after JT is gone. Its funny to me. Them crying like that just means we're doing something right.
I want someone who will butt heads with ownership. So when Haslam comes in and says he and the homeless guy decided we will trade up and draft Johnny 8 Ball, Bernie would tell him to GTFO.
Good point, though anyone who's seen them call a game can tell there is a huge gap in their respective football IQ's. Bernie definitely has the mind to be a successful NFL exec, Millen doesn't have the mind to run a McDonalds. Bernie just comes with some baggage that may get in the way of his performing his job functions.
Depends who the other options are. We can do a lot worse than Bernie, we actually have since 1999, but we can also do better. I think Bernie should somehow be involved though, and Haslam should write the checks from Tennessee.
Add the absolute BS one on Corey Smith in the B1G CCG and that sounds right, but amongst the rest of CFB its even worse. The worst one I've seen is the scum LB against MSU. He was literally blocked down into the QB by Jack Conklin and they call it and ejected him. It was somewhat funny because F scum but it also set a horrible precedent of how that rule can be applied. Most of these aren't cases of bonecracking safeties lighting up WR's going over the middle. Smith was ejected for throwing a completely legal block. Bosa and Perry were almost ejected for completely legal QB hits, Bosa was actually somehow still flagged for his. Figure that out. Williams call was actually legit, he straight up speared the ball carrier in the face mask with the crown of his helmet. So against us in the past 12 months, B1G officials have a 25% chance of making the correct call on the field, and a 75% chance of making the correct call overall. That's unacceptable given the consequences they've put in place for this rule. The utter incompetence we've seen from officials over the fast few years makes giving them this power scary. It would be one thing if it was 15 yard PF, but they're ejecting players for doing nothing wrong. Add the fact that the ref who makes the bad call faces no consequences and you get a bad situation.
If the Browns are doing it, you know its a desperate move.
Awesome play by Vonn Bell! Shame on the ref on the field who tried to take his glory away, thankfully his counterpart in the booth smacked him into place. Great team D combined with a stellar individual effort by Bell.
That flag was BS from the get go. Yes, his head snapped back but that's going to happen any time a player gets hit in the chest/shoulder like that. Its a pretty common occurrence in tackle football. Its sad that we've gotten to the point that any time you see a hard hit some idiot has to throw a flag. Perry's hit wasn't even close to being illegal, under no circumstances should that flag have come out. Thankfully it took the replay official all of 3 seconds to call out the idiotic call, but how many times have we seen BS Targetting Calls (cough..... Roby's) get upheld? That stupid rule along with the mindset to flag all hard hits gives Refs WAY too much control over the game now.
Ray Farmer has done what to prove he should keep his job though? Pettine can get a pass for now, but Farmer has been god awful.
As a Browns fan, I'm envious of any team who fires their HC and/or GM.
He was underage, you're correct. Unless you were with him that night, how can you say he was drunk? Alcohol effects different people different ways, at .08 or .99 he could have been fully functional. Saying he was drunk based on an arbitrary number used in a State Law is complete conjecture on your part. He avoided a checkpoint? So what? Unless he did so in an unlawful manner, turning his car around and finding another way home is in no way deserving of any type of punishment and shouldn't be used as any way to prove a point. Honestly, if that's the reason he was pulled over the entire thing should be thrown out of court.
JT made a mistake, but his actions were hardly as serious as I've seen some portray them. Not all OVI/DUI's are alike and classifying them all together is terribly lazy criticism.
I'd still like to punch Mike Lombardi in the face.
That Mingo pick was so bad, it looks ok compared to some other picks we've made but good god was it bad.
Sure he has, he chose to party like a Jersey Shore reject rather than put in the work to prove his draft stock. He's been given every opportunity to prove he was worth the 1st, and has yet to do it.