- Urban Meyer
- Mark Dantonio....Outstanding program builder. Teams are well coached.
- Jim Harbaugh
- Kirk Ferentz...Not COY material but he has done a solid job at Iowa.
- Mike Riley...very solid coach and underrated. He is the right man for the job in Nebraska.
- Kevin Wilson...Underrated coach. He has done a good job at Indiana and they are much more than B1G doormat since Wilson has been there. He teams are well coached and play hard. They took it to us and TTUN last year. Some team will get a great HC once he gets a better job after Indiana. Remember, Oklahoma was really good when he was there, won conference titles, but Oklahoma has dropped off since he left.
- Lovie Smith...Maybe Illinois isn't a good spot for him but he is a good coach.
- Paul Chryst...He seems like the prototypical Wisconsin coach, doesn't he? Solid coach
- Pat Fitzgerald...might deserve to be higher but this year has been disastrous. He made Northwestern into a respectable team.
- James Franklin...vastly overrated. In game strategy is rather poor and is seemingly outcoached in every game. Player development is somewhat lacking and he cannot maintain a solid staff. He can recruit but coaching and program development/management seems to be lacking. It is not a good scene in Happy Valley after a few years into the Franklin Era.
- Darrell Hazel
- Tracy Claeys
NR - Chris Ash and DJ Durkin - Not enough information to rank since they first year HCs. Although Durkin looks like he is a good coach. Durkin could be in the 7-11 range while Ash is probably in the 9-12 range.
In some ways Auburn may be that team. They got lucky when Cam transferred to them. They play second fiddle to Alabama in their state and if LSU ever gets it together, they are in trouble on that front. Texas A&M is another good team in the SEC West. They have access to Texas talent. It is hard to see Auburn becoming national title contender and a consistent threat to the entire conference. They will have some high watermark years to maybe win the SEC West every few years.
In a lot of ways, they are like Penn State, solid program with good history but playing behind multiple better programs.
They still think they are going run the B1G once they get a coach that is the second coming of Paterno.
Baylor? Their current situation coupled with the lackluster history makes it difficult to imagine them having that success. Texas seems to be on the rise and they feasted on Texas' poor performance over the past 5 years. Hard to see them being national title contenders going forward.
University of Spoiled Children?