Yea, I'm all for giving credit to JH, but saying he is right behind Meyer and Saban is a bit of a stretch at this point. Like you said, if they somehow make the playoffs this year then we'll talk.
You can shit in Michigan and still admit Harbaugh is a good coach. I think he's creepy and shows signs of Asbergers(sp) but he's a heck of a football coach.
Is he serving a dime stretch, or is he on Death Row?
When NotScrewTheBlue pops up don't look at me....
The funny thing is, the persona he created is the one many ppl actually associate with me(defended ESPN). His version of me went out of his way to express his love for all things ESPN. Even though the creator was a lunatic, it was actually kind of funny.
Either way, I think I can confidently say I am only 11W member to have a parody account created after him. That's when I knew I hit the big time ;)
That's fair, but I wasn't really talking about anyone in particular...moreso the group think that comes in some of these threads.
Plus, I'm still salty OSU_EDU got my name wrong.
You know this psycho is still around, people like that don't just go away.
Simple answer - Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.
My name is CincyOSU, not CincyBuck...get it right. And while we're at it, I'll go ahead and add you to the list of those that lack the mental capacity to understand my position in the ESPN debate.
Heres a fun challenge for you, find an instance where I say positive things about ESPN, other than game coverage and 30 for 30. Here's a hint, it might take awhile
I think you give the FPI WAY too much credit.
Joe Shmo doesn't watch games -> instead watches/browses ESPN or other sports media -> OMG their FPI is bonzers! -> Casts vote for whatever SEC team
This may have been the case 20 years ago, but sportswriters today have so many different ways to gather info that it's absurd to think a rival media outlet is going to have that much influence over them. These voters nowadays must explain why they voted the way they did.
The same goes for the Coaches Poll...do you really think coaches/SIDS from other conferences want to artificially prop up a rival conference just because ESPN's FPI poll says so?
Edit - I actually started typing my response before Navy's but had to walk away before hitting send...looks like we were basically saying the same thing.
You do realize the FPI has NOTHING to do with the CFP or any of the preseason polls right? I'm not debating the SEC isn't overrated every preseason because they are(by everyone) but it's kind of silly to get so worked up over a meaningless computer poll.
1) There already a post about this a month or so ago.
2) How can this poll even calculate anything right now? It's a computer poll where part of the formula is results to date(where there are none) and the remaining schedule(which is useless since the season hasn't started). Is it just being based on simulations?
Either way, this is just a stupid computer poll, the only ppl who care about it are bottom tier SEC schools as it's the only time they look good on paper.
I see your pat on the head, and raise you a finger flick to the forehead.
Have a lovely day!
Excellent point, based on the one game suspension JT received what do you think a minor weed infraction is worth?
Early line is 6
Wow, gonna be a lot of ppl in the clink come tomorrow morning.
Before you whine about the committee "letting" Oklahoma in with a loss to a bad Texas team, you might want to remember 2014 when that same committee "let" OSU in the CFP with a terrible, home loss to a bad VTech team.
OSU has only itself to blame for not making the playoff.
They were left out so Alabama could win.
CONSPIRACY ALERT! CONSPIRACY ALERT!
Just call me the Talented Mr CincyOSU
Yes, you see right through me....
No rigged raffle story.
Hahaha...that wasn't even an ESPN story. Keep living the dream man.
Que the defender..
I know you're talking about me, a clear sign you're incapable of understanding what I actually "defend"...it's ok, I won't hold it against you. It's cute I'm in your head though.
Pretty dumb move...what are they scared of? They already fired the guy. Erasing the biggest moment of that series kills any credibility that documentary had.
A few things here -
1) We didn't get hammered because of the Tattoos or memorabilia....we got hammered because of the PATTERN of impermissible benefits(however trivial they may have been) over a period of several years and the fact that Tressel lied(in the NCAA's eyes) to keep players that should have been ineligible on the field. The players were suspended for an extra game(6 vs the 5 for Green) because they initially lied to investigators.
2) In regards to Green and Johnny...they were found to be the only ones involved and the punishment fit the crime(at least with Green, JM is another story) but there was NO reason to punish the program as as whole.
3) Miami did get a bowl ban, but it was suspended due to the fact they self imposed their own 2 year bowl ban, something OSU could have done as well but chose not to(this is generally why Gene Smith was a hated man for awhile).