Excellent analysis, as always. A few comments and observations of my own:
- several of JT's passes were off the mark. I remember seeing on replay that the defender's arms were raised and a few passes were batted down. Some of the misses looked like deliberate efforts to avoid the batt-downs.
- several passes were good enough throws, but were dropped by the receivers
- For much of the game, OSU had terrible field position, somewhat forcing us to be more conservative in our play calling.
- _ichigan all but abandoned their passing game at the end. I wonder if Speight's shoulder was hurting his ability to throw.
- Opponents of OSU's all year have thrown delayed screen passes and quick slants to combat an aggressive, blitzing defense. I have seen very few of these used by OSU's offense, but it seems like it would have worked against PSU, UM, etc. Any reason why we wouldn't be doing that instead of flares to the receivers who are still at least 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage?