I support Urban. I support Cardale. I support the Ohio State Buckeyes. Fans pecking at the coach's decision here is getting a little bit chippy and personally, I hate seeing it. Cardale is the starter, so we support the team with Cardale at the helm. If JT was the starter, we would do the same. C'mon Buckeye Nation. Let's get our act together.
All hail the Iron King.
Is it just me or was James Clark running wide open a lot in all of these fall camp highlights and in Scarlet and Gray days? Can't wait to see him out there tonight!
I'm in the middle east here...game day is actually TOMORROW at 3am for me...I won't sleep tonight. GO BUCKS.
Is it Monday night yet?
I bet $880 on OSU -11. Don't think you'll see lower than 12 in Vegas from here on out.
1. Va Tech is going to be really good this year -- how good in game 1? Who knows. But same can be said for our squad.
2. Lane Stadium looks sick. What a cool entrance -- personally, I love seeing the Buckeyes in the traditional road whites in a hostile environment. It makes a potential victory that much sweeter.
3. Some of the predictions from our fan base have been flat out delusional. They have NFL corners and a top 3 D-Line in the nation. It doesn't matter what Bud Foster does -- we know it will involve stacking the box because they HAVE to stop Elliott. That means WRs are gonna have to not only win their matchups against GREAT corners, but the throws are gonna have to be there too. Last year, on the rare occasion our WRs won their matchup, JT either made a bad throw or the WR dropped the ball.
4. A good start will be crucially important and give Meyer and Warriner more flexibility in play calling. If they can get it humming early, then some legit offensive firepower is possible, even against that great defense. If not, we're talking a slugfest 4th quarter game in the neighborhood of 27-24.
5. 2 Main question marks are the Hokie offense and the play of Tyquan Lewis and Sam Hubbard -- if they're ineffective in the pass rush, you may see more of D. Lee and Josh Perry in pass rush....which may not be a bad thing, but will open up the middle of the field for Va Tech TE crossing routes, something that they like.
6. Who has a time machine...let's play this damn thing already. As a fan, I can see 34-20. But wouldn't be surprised at any outcome. I could see a Buckeye soul-crushing victory. I could see a VT win. I could see a close OSU win. Should be an unreal environment. Wish I could be there.
7. GO BUCKS!
I'm turning 32 next month. Thanks Tater....damn.
Dudes -- good write-up of last year's contest here. I think as a fan base, we excused JT's performance because he was getting bum rushed every play, but in all actuality, he played poorly. Annnnnd I switch my vote back to Dolodale...but it's cool. Tomorrow, I'll be back on JT.
Makes me nervous -- you can hear how big of fans the media are in the way they ask the questions. All the Bucks have heard the last several months is how freaking good they are...and that may be true, but they better not let it get to them when it comes to their play in Blacksburg. Go Bucks.
Urban a little chippy in his presser yesterday. Everyone watching him on the podium could sense it's Game On for Va Tech and could further sense that loss still bothers him. Va Tech will be good this year and I don't sense it will be a full on blow-out...but I take comfort in knowing he will not take his foot off the gas in that game. Time needs to speed up! GO BUCKS. Happy Sunday dudes.
Is it just me or was Urb-dog kind of edgy in this presser? The fight is on and he is locked in...no way in hell we're losing two in a row to Va Tech. Not on his watch. GO BUCKS.
Torrance Gibson is totally gonna start at WR week 1 opposite Mike Thomas. Wow.
Amen. August feels like it's freaking crawling. While this is a crucial time period for our beloved Buckeyes, it's pure torture for us fans.
I also lean JT and many external factors in this whole thing point in his direction, but we just can't sleep on Dolo. That kind of arm talent changes the game and I'm sure that Gary Andersen, Nick Saban, and Mark Helfrich would all say that the combination of stretching the field with a HUGE arm and the power run game with heavy doses of Zeke is a damn tough combination to stop. Hell, no one could do it. Plus, Dolo had no trouble in what amounts to a road game in the Sugar Bowl bringing us back from 21-6 against vaunted Bama. He has that "it" factor and a cannon...and the odds makers in the desert think he will win the job. Bucks are in good shape regardless....but I wouldn't bet against Cardale.
Phenomenal. That Oregon TE had no bleeping idea what he was in for -- what the hell was he thinking half ass jogging up to Darron Lee coming downhill? HILARIOUS, Oregon. It's called a weight room.
Can't recall a bigger impact guy so early in his career playing undersized at an unnatural position. Many DC's in the B1G think he's the best player on the defense and it's just hard to argue. He's instinctive, plays with great leverage, is rarely (if ever) confused about his role on a given play...and perhaps most importantly, he is powerful for his size, as evidenced by him getting off blocks and making plays in the CFB playoff last year. A sneaky candidate for one of my favorite all time Buckeyes in the making.
Every time I get nervous about the Va Tech game (which is every day), I just remember it's Urban...on the road...in a revenge game. There will be no excuses and no lack of preparation. Anything less than embarrassing them on their own field will be disappointing to Urban Meyer, guaranteed. I expect to see the slobs unleash hell with an enraged Zeke in full force. Maybe I'm too big of a homer, but covering that 11 point spread is in the bag!
What a "problem" to have. 2 absolute beasts with unique and refined skill sets, each with a legit claim to the job. I lean JT slightly, but can't go wrong with Cardale and that massive arm against this particular defensive team. Va Tech did an unreal job last year in the bear front not getting combo-blocked and attacking the mesh point. Very dicey -- and a strategy I believe would not have worked with Braxton at QB, even with the patchwork O-line that night. With Dolo back there and presumably less read-option, Va Tech's vaunted Bear front would be far less effective. In any case, O-line has got to play better and I believe Urban and Tim Beck will run a ton of counter and speed sweep early. They HAVE to get that perimeter established to keep those talented DE's from coming downhill to the mesh point. I have confidence this will happen. GO BUCKS.
Been out here in the Middle East for 4 months. 2 months to go. But more importantly, football is on the horizon. I shall wake up my zombie ass at 3am to watch our beloved Bucks exact fierce revenge. Keep these skullies coming -- they are the highlight of each day and a reminder that time is indeed passing. Been a long ass summer, boys. Let's get this show on the road. GO BUCKS!
Torrance Gibson at WR was predicted by a few successful college football bettors in a Vegas syndicate a couple months ago. Geniuses, I tell you. For the record, these guys also bet Ohio State -10 after the suspensions were announced. I trust people who predict results with cold hard cash. Go Bucks.
I really don't think I have a preference at QB at this point -- maybe just a slight lean to JT, but it's hard to argue with keeping this guy right where he left off: the starting QB of the National Championship Buckeyes.