I hate to be Mr. Doom and Gloom guy, but bringing this back to the real world where the committee as never shown the precedent of free thinking, going outside the box, or taking a non-conference champion....that loss by Michigan was absolutely devastating to the Buckeye playoff chances. Fair or not, we needed them to win that game. We have no linear or rational path to the playoff at this point even with 2 strong wins to end the year. Just look at US in 2014....leaping 2 teams who weren't playing on the final Saturday. The commitee isn't going to put osu in unless they win in Indy. Period. All this talk is pretty far fetched. The commitee doesn't care about "best. And we are in trouble.
Not worried about the stripes...or the stadium. Worried about Vegas still somehow favoring them in the game.
Curtis freaking Samuel for Heisman.
My God. A real treat to move this Tuesday along. Awesome!
Unreal how savage people on this site (and the internet in general) can be. Disease, sickness, addiction -- whatever you want to call it, it's life-threatening and "Cowboy The F Up" is an uninformed, lazy, disgusting retort. Think about this -- the guy has the whole world is the palm of his hand and a top 5 National coaching gig in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA and can't control himself enough to show up for work sober for a couple hours on a Sunday, doing a job that most people wish they could do instead of their boring office job? He needs help. I have struggled with this crap my whole life. I have never just had A beer or even two beers or even three beers in my entire life. I have deployed countless times in defense of this nation, and have made life and death decisions flying combat missions, the result of which saved countless lives during stressful times. I am NOT weak-minded and have achieved great success -- but I can't be in a bar, and I've accepted this. Sark must as well. Some people can't walk into a bar and have two beers and leave. It doesn't make them weak. It doesn't mean they should cowboy up. It just means they can't act like the other 99 percent of the population. Sympathetic about this? Hell yes, I am. And if you can stop in an airport terminal and have a beer before your flight and feel totally in control and not raging to drink six more, then good for you. If you don't understand that some people can not do that, then please just admit as much and don't condemn them just because it's all good in your world. It's obviously not good in Sark's right now. Get well, bud.
Hard to disagree with anything said in that segment. I wanted Cardale to start this year more than anybody because of his upside and the Zeke factor when Cardale is the starter -- but he hasn't been good this year...yet. It's just that simple. He has missed on a couple simple reads, touch throws, deep balls, and short throws...all of which have stopped otherwise good drives in the red zone. Even his throw to Mike Thomas a couple weeks ago when Thomas scored when the D blitzed his cover corner was woefully underthrown and Thomas just made a play. Cowherd says he looks undraftable, and compared to his draft upside 9 months ago, it's hard to argue otherwise really. I'm not a huge fan of either guy, but Klatt has never come at the Buckeyes with anything other than objectivity, and he makes some factual, statistically based comments here about this offense with Jones at the helm. Something isn't right. I'm not a "put it on the QB" type of guy, and we've seen Cardale's upside, but he has to play a lot better. Plain and simple. It's okay to say that without being a bad fan.
I'm a Cardale fan, wanted him to get the start this year....but he was terrible yesterday. I know he is 8-0 and I know we won the game, but both Cardale and his father Tyvis were plain bad yesterday. And that can't happen to beat the good teams. Hell, it almost can't happen to beat Indiana.
I support Urban. I support Cardale. I support the Ohio State Buckeyes. Fans pecking at the coach's decision here is getting a little bit chippy and personally, I hate seeing it. Cardale is the starter, so we support the team with Cardale at the helm. If JT was the starter, we would do the same. C'mon Buckeye Nation. Let's get our act together.
All hail the Iron King.
Is it just me or was James Clark running wide open a lot in all of these fall camp highlights and in Scarlet and Gray days? Can't wait to see him out there tonight!
I'm in the middle east here...game day is actually TOMORROW at 3am for me...I won't sleep tonight. GO BUCKS.
Is it Monday night yet?
I bet $880 on OSU -11. Don't think you'll see lower than 12 in Vegas from here on out.
1. Va Tech is going to be really good this year -- how good in game 1? Who knows. But same can be said for our squad.
2. Lane Stadium looks sick. What a cool entrance -- personally, I love seeing the Buckeyes in the traditional road whites in a hostile environment. It makes a potential victory that much sweeter.
3. Some of the predictions from our fan base have been flat out delusional. They have NFL corners and a top 3 D-Line in the nation. It doesn't matter what Bud Foster does -- we know it will involve stacking the box because they HAVE to stop Elliott. That means WRs are gonna have to not only win their matchups against GREAT corners, but the throws are gonna have to be there too. Last year, on the rare occasion our WRs won their matchup, JT either made a bad throw or the WR dropped the ball.
4. A good start will be crucially important and give Meyer and Warriner more flexibility in play calling. If they can get it humming early, then some legit offensive firepower is possible, even against that great defense. If not, we're talking a slugfest 4th quarter game in the neighborhood of 27-24.
5. 2 Main question marks are the Hokie offense and the play of Tyquan Lewis and Sam Hubbard -- if they're ineffective in the pass rush, you may see more of D. Lee and Josh Perry in pass rush....which may not be a bad thing, but will open up the middle of the field for Va Tech TE crossing routes, something that they like.
6. Who has a time machine...let's play this damn thing already. As a fan, I can see 34-20. But wouldn't be surprised at any outcome. I could see a Buckeye soul-crushing victory. I could see a VT win. I could see a close OSU win. Should be an unreal environment. Wish I could be there.
7. GO BUCKS!
I'm turning 32 next month. Thanks Tater....damn.
Dudes -- good write-up of last year's contest here. I think as a fan base, we excused JT's performance because he was getting bum rushed every play, but in all actuality, he played poorly. Annnnnd I switch my vote back to Dolodale...but it's cool. Tomorrow, I'll be back on JT.
Makes me nervous -- you can hear how big of fans the media are in the way they ask the questions. All the Bucks have heard the last several months is how freaking good they are...and that may be true, but they better not let it get to them when it comes to their play in Blacksburg. Go Bucks.
Urban a little chippy in his presser yesterday. Everyone watching him on the podium could sense it's Game On for Va Tech and could further sense that loss still bothers him. Va Tech will be good this year and I don't sense it will be a full on blow-out...but I take comfort in knowing he will not take his foot off the gas in that game. Time needs to speed up! GO BUCKS. Happy Sunday dudes.