Barrett & the skill players are only going to be as effective as the O-line allows. We're going to have a very good/bad season almost solely based on this. The weapons are there. We'll see what Wariner can do.
Pretty much only concern I have is the o line. That has contributed to the offensive woes most. Defense is doing a GOOD job defending a team that is hard to keep from the endzone. Have great glimpses on the backs, samuel & wilson are going to be a ton of fun. You cannot judge the defensive line off Navy & they are still holding their own.
JT is going to make mistakes. Adding line woes on top of that is the biggest problem here.
Coop says he is serviceable @ best. At BEST.
Torn on this. Part of me attributes this to him being injury prone & the staff intentionally healing as much as possible.
Still, two weeks from game time and our starting QB isn't getting reps.
(Edit: Past that, the closer the opener gets with no Xbrax, the more I believe there isn't much faith in his backups)
Now that Urban has had use of a bruiser like Hyde, do you see him actually seeking prospects in that mold? If yes, who would be a current target to look out for? Thanks for all you do.
Guess I'm indifferent to rooting for or against Michigan being better. Understand the viewpoint on both ends. I guess, for me, it comes down to this:
1) I lived through the 90's. While both teams we're playing @ peaks, I dont feel any better about the losses. Would I dislike the losses more if we lost to worse teams? Maybe in the moment but the loss would still end up a loss.
2) This is Michigan football. At some point, they'll be right back in things and a perennial power. Whether it be the institution, history or sheer money, they'll get it right eventually. You had better believe I won't be saying 'Gee, it sucks we lost but I'm so happy it was to a great Michigan team,' whenever that inevitable heartbreak loss happens.
3) There haven't been enough tears from some of my northern friends (who proclaimed Hokey Pokey was the answer and yada yada), to satisfy me yet.
Right now, I'll enjoy the mess up there ... think back on how irate I was after spoiled seasons & wait for the next 10 yr war, b/c it will absolutely come back around eventually.
And by not many, I meant too many :)
There aren't many UM fan/alumni on this board. The ppl who are, tend to be respectful & intelligent. Appreciate your insight and decorum here, something I hope translates from this site, there.
3 years of trolling? Oh my. "I'll teach 'em. I shall devote idiotic amounts of time to new names/emails!" This is kinda hilarious (and disturbing). Look forward to your next endeavor @ the library with a new ip.
I see Coach around once a week. A few points:
1) That punchline you gave hime is rated g, compared to some of the things said to him.
2) He doesn't shy away from knowing there are a few games in the series we should have won & puts it on himself.
3) He and around 30 other former coaches have tried to get to a playoff/edit the BCS since its inception. Those guys absolutely have a hand in the final push.
4) One of the more thoughtful person(s) I have ever met.
5) I run a construction division. There are 20 year old guys who couldn't hold a candle to the level of activity this man has. He never stops.
6) He handed the Pitt job to Luke on a silver platter. The story on how Fick screwed that up is hilarious.
I actually do remember this from some of my Michigan friends when he was hired. There was absolutely nothing spectacular about his resume and there still isn't.
And so on.
Deer tick state.
Agreed on everything!
Awesome. This takes me back to a very lucky time in my youth. Got to be on that field for the 97 season, go to movies with the team (before carriage place became the dollar movies) & get to know these guys a little. Its unfortunate no title came out of these years. More than 15 years has passed and that team is still the most impressive specimen of talent I have ever seen.
Just talked to Coop the other day and Joe came up. Would be interested to know if he keeps in contact with Walt still.
I've been told Tress is preparing/working on a tell all book, in regards to his time @ OSU. Wasn't described to me as flattering & hope it isn't the case.
Was hoping for another but tip of the hat to this team and the fan support. Pretty entertaining series!
Understand your reaction/viewpoint. To a certain extent, I share the same.
We diverge on role model though. These aren't 'young men' anymore. These are grown men. What and who they choose to allocate their time to, is their own business. Just my opinion & you are welcome to yours.