Thank you a million times for this, unfortunately I am on deployment and can't make it...I really wanted to go to this game!
Thank you for the link; is it 1 ticket per vet? (As in,no families?).
Ahhh, 2004...This is what stood out most for me that season:
1. The Marshall game: I had just bought a house, and was in the midst of tearing up what may or may not have been asbestos laden floor tiling (the kitchen was sealed off from the rest of the house)...When Zwick threw another pick, I threw whatever tool I was using so hard, I thought I shattered it...it actually bounced off the wall and hit a light...I busted through the liner I put up to seal the kitchen off and the wife was PISSED.
2. I had some buddies over for the Iowa game; one was bad luck (he was over at the 03 TTUN game) and he came over after the Buckeyes had the lead...after the game he just looked at me and said "I'm never allowed over again am I" (NOPE!)
3. For "The Game" Cox cable f'ed up the signal and we already had a 14-0 lead by the time it came on...I get pretty intense for the game and the wives of my friends were in pack up and get outta here mode before the game came on and I calmed down...it was pretty anti-climatic.
4. Playing NCAA '05 with the Buckeyes, I kept telling my buddies, "Man the backup QB is pretty damn good, I can't play with Justin Zwick"...they all thought I was an idiot. I reminded them of that in 2006...all season.
5. The Ok State game...I have NEVER felt bad for another team/ player, but holy hell I felt bad for their QB that day...the kid got mauled all day.
Wow. The whole situation sucked, but it amazes me how bad this kid was, and is treated. SMDH.
On a side note, TP, if you are reading, thank you for busting your a$$ out there for us, and for all the amazing things you did for the team...3 wins vs TTUN, a Rose Bowl and a Sugar Bowl win. THANK YOU!
...and so forth.
Hook...I pretty crap family life and we saw it together at Christmas that year...I think this was the best Christmas we ever had as a family and it this movie always reminds me of it. *sigh* *think happy thoughts* He will be missed. I think the night I get off this deployment, I am watching Hook.
#2 home (new style, but #2 had a lot of great players) and #47 (grey sleeve striped for AJ Hawk). I always wear an 11W t under.
Phenomenal player, couldn't stay out of trouble...he could never put it all together.
Have you read "The Last Lion"? It took me a long time to get through, as it is pretty long, but it was amazing...it shed plenty of light on what happened in France during WWII.
Yep...that pic just looks like home.
@ Scarlet_Lutefisk...I am remaining neutral here, but his avatar is a Chief Warrant Officers rank device...he is either active or retired.
The picture of the Union in '93 takes me back to the good ol' days. Man I miss the '90s. I am looking forward to watching "El Guapo" in the league...I wish my G-men would've grabbed him.
Los Bills de Buffalo.
As part of my "travel". I am in Canada for a few days...I was at a resturaunt with a bunch of friends and when ol' Seantrel showed up I laughed...everyone kind of looked at me funny, but I kept it to myself.
UV all day on this.
Damn, 13 years, wow. Rest in Peace Korey!
LOL you beat me to it!
I will give you that one. Was it 100% his fault though? How much did the city play into it? Do I detest him for doing it? Hell yes (and I am a Giants fan). But to urinate on his grave?
A. Urinating on a dead man's grave, whose worst "crime" was moving a team out of Cleveland is dumb. (Yes, it sucks, yes, it still stings, but come one). Did he kill anyone? Rob anyone? Did the city basically tell him to screw off when it came time for a new stadium?
B. I have always felt the same way about pulling Mike Conley during the title game; as a matter of fact, I was on a group run in Spain on Saturday, and during the run I was thinking about that sequence. UGH!
C. Rich Rod is pretty funny, and I still feel he got a raw deal.
LMAO, I am fighting for orders right now...
I O! I hope you are 6/6.
I read the YA Title story, and it was a tough, tough story. Heartbreaking to have a loved one with memory loss. I, on the other hand, had a family member with Parkinsons, who was razor sharp mnentally, but lost a lot of his ability to move. He couldn't walk, drive, etc....that was very tough to see.
1. Ohio State Football and Basketball: life or death here. I just left a German ship and talked up my university to guys; house parties with my buddies during "The Game", Jimmy Jackson, Greg Oden, everything.
2. NY Giants
3. Mets/ Indians baseball. wierd combo, but the 86 Mets were my team. During the '90s I pulled hard for the Tribe and fell in love with that team.