Better threads about helmet stickers than any more about suspensions or band shenanigans.
During my time in Brazil, I found caipiroskas were better than caipirinhas in a lot of cases. Cachaca can get pretty rough. I also enjoyed Skol's and Brahma's. Have fun, Brazil is a marvelous country.
No 11W readers in Athens? Not sure if I should be surprised or not.
I'll be at the Buckeye Bash but not by choice. The Alumni tickets forced everyone to buy their ridiculous $75 Buckeye Bash ticket if they wanted a game ticket. I've been to lots of Buckeye Bashs over the years, they are not worth $75.
I grew up one small town over from Newcomerstown, it's worth mentioning that the local McDonalds also has a bit of a shrine to both Woody and Cy, or at least it did the last time I was there. I always thought it was interesting that two well known sports figures came out of the same small town tucked into the corner of Tuscarawas County.
Also, and I know this is a bit nitpicky, but Newcomerstown isn't really in "southeastern Ohio". In spirit, it probably does share more similarities with other towns in Appalachia, which are all mostly to the south. However, geographically, it's 25 miles north of I-70 along the same parallel as towns such as Delaware and Sidney.
Yes, he did. He grew up in Port Washington which is considerably smaller than Newcomerstown.
I was there too and I agree with BuckU. It was slightly heavy Alabama fans in the stadium. Since their fans could make a day trip out of it, New Orleans/Bourbon St/NYE all were very heavy OSU fans.
If you're going to throw in Jamboree, then County Concert should make the list too.
I was there this weekend too. We're all within two years of either side of 30 and had a great time.
I'm from West Lafayette, on the eastern edge of Coshocton County. Newcomerstown was our big rival in high school sports.
I know someone who used to live in that neighborhood. Weird.
8 feet? Everyone keeps saying the corn in NW Ohio is drowning.
Hello! I was glad to see someone else from the lovely city of Delaware!
How long until the State of Ohio is covered in red pins?
The Game is never over in the first quarter.
Dodgson, we have Dodgson here. +1 for Jurassic Park always
Who also happens to be 85 years old. Good for Buzz.
I agree. I've actually been to the brewery in Ceske Budjejovice which is home to the original Budweiser. You can find it under the name Czechvar here, thanks to those asshats at Anheuser Busch who stole the name for the Czechs, but, like most imports, it isn't as good here as in its native land.
When I saw the photo at the top, I honestly thought someone photoshopped Harbaugh's head onto a weird French guys body.
I've been fortunate to see five memorable games in person.
1. The Game of the Century. 1 v 2. 2006 OSU vs Michigan. Nothing will ever compare to this game in my mind.
2. 2015 Sugar Bowl. We all know how that game felt. Even if the Bucks beat Alabama in the future, it will never feel this good again.
3. 2011 Sugar Bowl. I know it "doesn't count" but whatever. I was there when the OSU fans were chanting "SEC" at the Arkansas fans. It was an incredible feeling and at that time, we were all woefully ignorant of what the next 12 months had in store.
4. 2011 Wisconsin. Nothing but pride was really at stake but that game was such a beacon of light after months of darkness.
5. 2013 Purdue. The rise of Kenny G. I still laugh at the fools who left that game early.
My worst was also in person unfortunately.
1. 2006 National Championship. I remember thinking after Ginn ran in that first TD, "Holy crap, we're going to win this thing". Yeah... not so much.
I don't know my husbands number but I still remember the home phone numbers of all my childhood friends.
A couple of weeks ago I had just started a cardio workout when The Game from '14 came on the B1G Network. For the first time ever, I didn't want to get off of the treadmill when I was done.
Nothing says campy summer fun quite like a new Sharknado movie.
Why would anyone ever buy those? They, like Kayne, are repulsive.
I live in Delaware. This is very true. Victor's is tasty!