A very articulate and well-meaning young man
At this point, If I am Michican AD - You make him want the job. The BIG should be lobbying for this, and heck, even UM himself should be lobbying for Harbaugh to come in.
We'll finally watch another interesting Buckeye and Michican game... Bucks will still win though.
I called it before the season began that this is Hoke's last year. Bring in Harbaugh.
Interesting comments from Ash. But hey, I didn't think they were a big deal when Fickell said those words (in not so many), nor do I think Ash should get criticized for them. He's right. He shouldn't lose sleep over it, and neither should we.
Everyone of these "name brands" on the market have made puke-worthy uniforms. Oregon? Really? I think the school has some say in what they wear. Over all, Under Armour makes some really crisp and buttoned-up uniforms. And you don't have feel like a national and/or moral Benedict Arnold to be under contract with them.
I have to say. I think Under Amour designs some pretty nice uniforms. Just saying.
"Special" uniforms are for teams that actually do something. Until then, I don't think even Ohio State should be wearing anything but their basics ...
Stinks that UM has to face questions about Hernandez.
Man could catch.
Why is this confusing? They did it to Hyde consistently last year.
Some of the staff have a completely revolutionary thought process for football strategy. It used to be, "run it until it stops working." Now it's, "If it works, stop running it right away and confuse the heck out of everyone."
It think it's Art of War ... so on, and so forth.
The REAL King James.
A few thoughts:
1. Urban is not a god. We expected way too much too soon. A coach can win that way to feed the 'win needful' but that coach also needs to be able to sleep at night.
2. The more time goes on, the more I understand Jim Tressel's football philosophy. Vanilla can be good for green guys. His 'achilles' was that he sometimes didn't know when to stop going vanilla as his players had developed.
3. Braxton means more to this team than I thought he did. I had a gut feeling they were going to be just fine. But they're not fine just yet.
4. I'm really glad they showed Nascar on the West Coast.
5. I am hoping that we stop over-hyping Ohio State Football six months before season starts. It's a distraction to the team, it raises expectations to intergalactic levels. It makes us look foolish when we drop a game. Like this.
6. I still love Ohio State football, I still believe in Meyer. But so far this year, it's NOT Fickell's fault. (Not that it was last year)
PS. I don't think Hermann is overrated. I just think he over-thinks. Perhaps too smart for his own good.
Don't care how strong you are. At O-line, if you stand up. Your ass is grass.
I'm still ticked about our Defense getting robbed that goal line stand....
This is what happens when you let girls run things ... ;)
It's crazy to listen/read some of the narratives out there. "Ohio St. squeaked by Navy" or "Ohio State struggled" yet Alabama having their hands full with WV was normal. I'll be following Navy this year.
Didn't see Dontre before, but when I got a load of EZ and all the 'meat' he put on in the off season I was dumbfounded. Kid turned man in six months.
I'm satisfied with the result. I think the Defense is much improved. They kept us in the game. And barring injuring (I'm biting my tongue as I write this) they will only get better. Our offense has talent we just need to mellow out with the playing calling and play basic football. BTW Navy is a GOOD football team.
Everything is stinking politics any longer. There is no more merit involved in making it.
I understand not being to watch the game in Phoenix. But not being to watch your local team in Columbus. That's just bad business.
MA. Good move BM.
How do we go from "Braxton is not throwing a lot in practice, nursing a sore shoulder." to "Braxton ripped his arm out of socket and is out for the season" ????
What are the chances that Waters is keen on this theory? If so why is this not being mentioned via his campaign?