Yeah, the Selection Committee to the Buckeyes!
C'mon Nick we have far too many "rankings" that don't make any sense. Otherwise a good wrap up.
This is a political move by Kelly.
I'd say Patrick just lost his black stripe. Nice work Mr. Maks.
IV. PROCEDURES FOLLOWING A POSITIVE DRUG TEST FOR DRUGS OF ABUSE AND/OR SUBSTANCE ABUSE OCCURRENCE
A. First Positive
1. The management team consists of the Associate Athletic Director, medical review offi cer, drug testing coordinator,
intervention coordinator and head coach or his/her designee. The management team will be informed of a positive
drug positive test and/or alcohol/substance abuse related offense (e.g., DUI, alcohol related assault, underage pos
session of alcohol).
2. The student-athlete will be evaluated by the intervention coordinator and a substance abuse counselor approved by
the Department of Athletics.
3. The management team will determine a management plan for the student-athlete and will meet with the student-
athlete in the program at least once a year to oversee their compliance and monitor their progress.
4. The intervention coordinator will send a quarterly update to the management team about the status of the student-athlete.
5. The student-athlete will be subject to reasonable cause testing as determined by the management team’s recommendation.
6. The student athlete who has an alcohol/substance abuse occurrence (DUI, underage possession, etc.) will be sub
ject to more stringent alcohol testing as part of their management plan. Any positive test for alcohol in these
student athletes who are under 21 will be deemed a second positive in the program.
B. Second Positive
1. The management team will be informed of the second positive drug test and/or substance abuse occurrence.
2. The student-athlete will be re-evaluated by the intervention coordinator and a substance abuse counselor approved
by the Department of Athletics to determine subsequent treatment options.
3. The student-athlete will meet with the management team to discuss any recommended changes to the previous
plan that was in place.
4. The student-athlete will be subject to a two-week suspension from all competition at the earliest available time.
5. Re-instatement to the team will be considered by the Athletic Director or his/her designee in consultation with the
6. The student-athlete will be subject to reasonable cause testing.
Roby sucks.....er.....ahhhhh.....ohhh crap. I meant.... never question the coaches, OK!! Except after they leave.... to a division 12 school. And then it becomes painfully obvious that our pass scheme kept us out of the national championship game. Fook. We'll it's not like any of last years linebackers are making NFL highlights!! at least we got that......yeah....er.....ahhhh.....ohhh crap.
My problem with Herman is he seems like one of those guys who can't go off script.
Exactly. Meyer keeps saying it's one on one, however where on the field that matchup takes place is the issue. And isn't an unbalanced defense an offensive coordinators dream? Remember our last 3 games last year? Teams dinked and dunked the hell out of us. Even more disturbing is when Meyer claims the O-line isn't as bad as they seem. Oh fuck man. If they were out manned, you were out coached!!
In the presser, Urban reiterates how the offense must win the one on one match ups when facing a bear style defense. What worries me and can only lead to speculation, is he never really addresses the play calling. Dave Biddle's question "What were you most disappointed with (offensively)?" Urban says not making the one on one plays. Coaches will never call other coaches out but I hope Herman got an earful from Meyer. Sometimes you have to adapt and scrap the game plan. Herman really showed his hubris, I hope for the last time.
What's not really being talked about is the recovery time of this surgery. Basically it's 9-12 months. The big question is will he be ready for next year?!?!?
Yup, same problem, but this has nothing to do with Braxton so I really don't think we should be talking about it.
"Ohio State finished finished 25-10 after bowing out"
This isn't Michigan State buddy.
Ah yes, Ye Olde Mill..
"entitled", excellent description KR.
not really. I'd say in the same way you have a choice to kill yourself.
I might not agree with you on this.... haven't really looked into it like yourself, but I will say you should absolutely have the choice to wear one or not.
I hear ya.... but keep in mind not everyone travels that road everyday or knows that road like you do. If it's a SR like you say then I bet there are a lot of people just passing through who aren't as familiar that the road doesn't have a curve. The only thing they have to go by is the limits. You probably know that road like the back of your hand.
@TwoFace, I definitely follow the speed limits during bad weather. If you are on a road that has a curve the speed limits and recommended limits are engineered with those curves. A 35 mph zone has much different topography than a 55mph zone. Now you might be thinking of one stretch of road in particular that is straight, but in general I'd slow down in snow and use the speed limit signs as guides, so everyone stays safe.
Totally agree. And I tried to deny it for a while until.....I was almost hit 4 straight times.
It's amazing how many people don't read the entire post.
Congratulations to Cardale. But I have to say it's disappointing not to see JT Barrett take the reigns. Sure there is time for him to reach his potential, but it would have been nice to see Hermans select QB develop a little quicker.
This thread is awesome and so are those 40 times.
^^ Yes. Bnuts asked him why OSU was 7th on his list. He said cause they "haven't talked to him in weeks". I'd say that means we've stopped recruiting him.
Why is Saban the only one smiling?
If you look at Michigan States entire roster from last year, they had zero 5 star and just a handful of 4 star players. Mostly 2 and 3 star guys. We had mostly 4 and 5 star guys.
Agreed!! Is that barn still on campus? But Andy what is that breed of cow in the foreground?!? HIghland with a haircut?