Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

11W Compared to Tigernet

+17 HS
SCarolinaBuckeye's picture
December 28, 2016 at 9:32am
78 Comments

I just want to give a quick thank you to everyone who makes this site run – Jason, the staff, intern Kevin, the MODs, hell, even DJ.  I’m sure most of us have a thread deleted for dup, or comment edited for something or other, gotten pissed, didn’t understand why, but I’m telling you, got to another school’s site and see just how much better it is here because of the rules.

I’ve been on Tigernet for about a week and it’s anarchy over there.  First, the double-entendre is over the top.  Since Johnson made his comment yesterday I’ve seen nearly 3 dozen jokes using his name as the punch line, and it’s only getting bigger (see what I did there?).  But seriously, it’s 8th grade humor on nearly every thread.

Second, you thought us talking about TTUN a week after the game was bad?  They haven’t shut up about South Carolina!  Yes, they played and beat them in basketball last week, but then there were no less (and I’m really not exaggerating here) than 150 separate threads on South Carolina.  Some were legitimate and talked about the game, maybe 3.  The rest were basically tweet length barbs at their rival, nothing of value.  I’m extremely grateful that the MODs don’t let us do this, because you wouldn’t be able to find legitimate threads because of all the trash you would have to sift through.  Thanks for keep our boards clean.

Third, thanks to everyone for talking about real subjects.  Whether it be football, basketball, sports in general, or life, our threads aren’t tweets but actual discussion-inducing topics.  I went over there to discuss the upcoming game and only today managed to find a thread with actual game content.  You guys on staff do an excellent job producing content and I certainly have not seen the same standard over there.  They had a radio host do a couple blog entries about our offense and our defense – they were nothing more than: “JT Barrett is their 3rd-year QB and has thrown for X yards and run for X yards. He’s really good with his legs but has shown a lack of accuracy.”  That was almost literally the whole write up on JT.  For Hooker they mentioned he had 6 INTs and that he’s really good, but didn’t mention one thing about his pick sixes.  Really, a one-line blurb?

Ok, said this would be quick – I lied.

TL;DR – 11W rocks for not being Clemson.  Be thankful for this site.  Even their fan sites partake in CLEMSONING.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 78 Comments