Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

The Coffee Run 7/24

0 HS
Alex Ranttila's picture
July 24, 2016 at 7:18pm
14 Comments

Nate and Alex here. When we are not fetching coffee, making copies, cleaning the toilets, or feeding D.J.'s cats we work on a variety of different projects for Eleven Warriors.

As your 2016 11W Summer Marketing Interns we will be providing updates on our projects for the community on a weekly basis each Sunday throughout the summer. Our work will focus largely on product improvement, customer engagement and personal growth. Comments, questions and some damn respect for once are appreciated

The Coffee Run tonight is (unofficially) brought to you by the “#” symbol, and also by the Coach Coombs Hashtag Academy.

This week your favorite Fisher interns (by default) were tasked with taking an in-depth look at the news coverage provided by your favorite dot com website and then identifying some areas of opportunity. We were of the opinion that coverage was already #prettygood, but complacency is #bad and #evil. I (Alex) spoke with a few of your favorite resident staff members, Eric and Tim (shoutout to my guys) to gain important insight, as I needed some enlightening on the topic at hand. So, without further ado, let's get nitpicky.

• More collaboration to help foster the growth of ideas. #teamworkmakesthedreamwork
  • Creating news content that may use older content as the foundation. For instance, articles that use speculation, can later be updated with the actual results. #throwbackthursday
  • More data-driven pieces. #math
  • Improved response time to when it comes to big, breaking news. #zoomzoom
  • The incorporation of hashtags to make it easier to search for specific content. #meta
  • Gaining more insight on what our readers prefer, outside of just clicks. #feedbackmaniac
  • Last, and probably most obviously, continuing to grow the site, add more staff, and foster relationships that will help us sustain excellence.

As always feel free to give any comments, life advice, or general denigration. Remember, we are interns, it is what we deserve.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments