Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

A new "forum" and that search tool

+7 HS
osu992's picture
April 6, 2016 at 11:15pm
46 Comments

I guess this is forum topic is where we give our best ideas on improving 11W, yeah? Emailing Jason directly just sounds like asking for trouble. This is like leaving breadcrumbs to an idea, but in the form of just turning over a jar of flour.

New Forum Idea: If technologically feasible, is there a way to have a forum dedicated to article comments. Each forum has forum posts. Those posts bump to the top of the forum when a new comment hits. With articles, there is no summary level reporting of comment activity. if the status of comments on articles was presented somewhere, we could see if a discussion was continuing on say the most recent The Situational or a Skull Session. Beyond extending certain conversations, let's face it: everyone loves a good bump every once in a while. It could be fun to see how old conversations played out. For instance, I ran across something PotatoDigger said last April and it would have been nice if someone could have told that April man in December that his wish had been granted. It's not like he's ever going to know if I said something to him there unless I created a new forum topic and said 'hey, go look.' Anyway, y'all get the gist.

The search tool: for the love of God, please can there be some semblance of order from the search results? I don't know if the results are supposed to be based on some relevancy algorithm but I'm sure such an algorithm couldn't determine what any particular information preferences when I search for "Barrett." The results jump back and forth, back and forth between the years. The material searched (no comments, nothing from the forums, no partial words) is sufficiently narrow that the ideal way to find things is searching a general topic "qbgeddon" and guessing the general timeframe the desired material was published. For that to work somewhat efficiently, the search results would need to be in chronological order. I can't tell how they are ordered, which limits the usefulness of the results. So I vote for chronological. Otherwise, I'm interested in what the results are supposed to mean.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments