Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Blocked in China: Elevenwarriors.com is no longer accessable!

0 HS
Stellar's picture
October 9, 2015 at 4:03am
78 Comments

I'm a Buckeye living in China who checks 11W several times a day everyday to keep up with all the Ohio State news from back home. I was quite upset to find out a week ago that my favorite website is no longer accessable here.

The issue here seems to deal with CAPTCHA security from Cloud Fare.  When elevenwarriors.com is accessed from China we are now faced with the following:" One more step
Please complete the security check to accesswww.elevenwarriors.com"

However the problems is that the CATCHPA never loads.  It simply says "There was an issue communicating with the captcha provider. More information may be available below."  and there is nothing I can do. 

This has been happening for over a week, and I have tried to access elevenwarriors.com from several different devices and on all the major internet providers and the result is always the same.  The only way to get past it is to use a VPN which is not always a reliable option here in China.  

This new security measure effectively means that 1/4 of the world can no longer access 11W.  While I'm sure that China isn't the biggest market for an Ohio State sports website, I'm also sure that I'm not the only person with Buckeye connections living in China.

Site Staff, please help me fix this!  Please don't let something like a silly CATCHPA error force me to use anything less than the best Buckeye site on the internet!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 78 Comments