Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

ELEVEN WARRIORS FASCINATION

0 HS
james allen's picture
July 26, 2015 at 1:41pm
32 Comments

Several days ago,, a forum post was an open letter requesting input from Ross Fulton regarding how to use Braxton in a Meyer offense.  This poster admitted that he did not always understand Fulton's analysis, but he enjoyed them nonetheless.  I was impressed with both his honesty and insight.  Here's why:  this site has fascinated me because of fans like this one and his understanding that sports are much more than "dumb " jock games.  My entire life, and I'm old now, people were consistently puzzled that I loved the arts, literature, and sports.  They never quite understood the sports part.  As a result, I've copied and sent site comments about a dog's death or a person's depression, or a Ramzy insightful essay to prove what I've always known:  Buckeyes include many fans who see art everywhere in building a team and creating a winning formula.  And Urban has always seen the teaching art to the process.  His joy now, I'm sure, is how everything is elevated when everyone strives together to achieve a common goal.  You have to teach people what it takes to win and how to feel good about yourself and others.  More than anything that I've ever see in sports fandom, this site and its followers have elevated the meaning of Buckeye Nation.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments