Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Am I doing it wrong?

0 HS
Wargor's picture
May 13, 2015 at 2:35pm
258 Comments

Okay, the website topic has me thinking and I wanted to mention something about this site that I think might be an area for improvement.  Of course, it could be that I'm doing it wrong and so the improvement can be on my end.

So I see a new thread that looks interesting.  I click it, I read it, I read the posts, I even post some of my own witty repartee.  Now after a while I go back to the site, see that there are X new posts and click on that button.  I am taken to the first new post and from there I scroll down seeing various highlighted (yellow) posts that are new.  This works until a topic gets to 100+ posts.  At that point and beyond it becomes increasingly tedious to try and work through the new comments, especially if I see one that I want to reply to.  I find myself eventually giving up on a topic if it gets too long, even if I'm interested in it.

So, is this just a natural function, WAD; or is there a better way to keep track of new posts scattered throughout a large thread?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 258 Comments