Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Staff: Search Box

0 HS
blocko330's picture
December 5, 2014 at 2:34pm
22 Comments

I need to preface this by saying I love this site and visit it maybe 30 times a day (yes I work, No I don't have a life).  I am by no means a tech guru so I don't know what all is involved in enhancing the feature but I must say the "search box" is, in my opinion, a very poor tool that doesn't do it's job a majority of the time. 

For example it's not even in date order (most recent on top) which is very puzzling.  Also, when searching for something is it only bringing up matching words in the title? The body itself?

The whole reason I'm writing this is because I've seen quite a few Ed Warriner/Kansas forums.  Yes, Sometimes I'll be that guy to let the person know it's a duplicate forum, but that usually just depends on the type of day I'm having.  Right now if you search "Kansas" there is absolutely nothing on page 1 regarding Warriner (there's actually a forum titled "Kansas hires Charlie Weis" from 2011 which made me chuckle).  Also, if you search Warriner there are about 3 forums, but I'm fairly certain I've seen at least 5-6. 

This got a little longer than I expected, but I was just wondering if maybe I'm utilizing this wrong or if others have similar problems.  Maybe this feature could be improved?  I certainly don't know, but what I do know is I love this site and I love the 11W staff, you guys rock!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments