Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Dear 11W Staff...

0 HS
Alex Boones Liver's picture
November 24, 2014 at 10:47am
47 Comments

Dear 11W staffers,

I have been a member since 2011 and have enjoyed this site from the first day I came across it.  I have always felt that this site did a great job keeping things relevant and fresh.  After I daily check the front page for up-to-the-minute Buckeye news I find myself checking the forums for interesting topics, conversations on relevant news and sports information.  

Recently I have begun to notice a trend.  As this site has grown by leaps and bounds it has become saturated with repetitive, duplicated postings.  I am by no means implicating that these are all newbies to this site creating these repetition, but I feel the time has come to make a change as to who is permitted to start a new thread. 

Over the last few days, I have seen tens of JT vs Braxton threads, multiple threads discussing dropping the nasty letter that follows the letter "L".  Other threads have also been very repetitive but I have tried to erase this from what valuable brain cells I have left.

Evidently people are not reading the posts that already exist, and this is making it hard to sort through which threads are decent pieces of information, and which should have died before the first keystroke.  I am proposing that any member under 300 Helmet Stickers be limited to 1: either not being able to start a thread, or 2: being limited to two threads per month until they reach 300 HS. 

I love this site, but our forums section has become a watered down warm mug of expired draft beer...rant over. 

Love to you all, (except TTUN)

-Alex Boone's Liver

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments