Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

META: Helmet Sticker Requirement to Post Forum Topics

0 HS
BigLights's picture
September 8, 2014 at 9:42pm
74 Comments

Over the past few weeks there has been a huge influx of new 11W users (most of whom I'm convinced are just a small number of people who keep creating accounts) who have been creating either "troll threads" or spamming the forums with bad threads. It's getting to the point that some days there are five or more of these being started by users with ten or fewer helmet stickers. I get that we want anyone, even the newest of members to be able to get involved with the community here, but things seem like they're getting a little out of hand. It's getting to the point that I have a hard time getting through the forums and knowing what is a good thread and what is going to suck.

So my thought is why don't we put in a helmet sticker requirement to post forum topics. Nothing major, maybe 100 or so, but enough that if someone wants to create an account to either spam or troll in the forums they will have to work for a while to be able to post topics. I know that we can just downvote people into oblivion, but that just seems like it's too reactive when we could be doing more to stop it in the first place.

Thoughts? Other Ideas?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments