Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

User Avatars Problem

Jason Priestas's picture
September 1, 2014 at 3:32pm
16 Comments

So, uh, I think a handful of user avatars – probably in the 4% range of all members – got corrupted. Sorry for the headache this may be for some of you, but if you're looking for a good time to update your avatar, this be it.

To do so, click "My Account" under your username on the top menu, then click "Edit" and look for this field on your profile:

How to change your user avatar

dubjayfootball90's picture

Mine was, and not it is back to normal. Was 'New' for about 2-3 days. Not sure what happened so I just left it, and it came back... I was so confused.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Jason Priestas's picture

I've been able to fix some, but not all. Guessing your avi was one I was able to save.

dubjayfootball90's picture

Nice, well thank you, Jason. It is much appreciated!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Knarcisi's picture

Anyway to update username?  I seem to be the only moron that uses his first initial and last name. The paparazzi is killing me. 

+2 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Unfortunately, it's not easy to do, so I just typically ignore the emails I get requesting username changes. (Sorry, you guys.)

Maybe we take the XBox Live model and charge everyone $1 for changes to their usernames.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

I have my last name in my username too.  But people think my name's Jacob.

AndyVance's picture

Maybe I should have gone that route, too...

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Pseudonyms FTW.  Been using the same one online since high school years circa '04 or '05.

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

My avatar went bad this afternoon. Guess I'll have to replace Mangold and his flowing locks.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

M Man's picture

Some avatars are just too Magnificent to be corrupted.

+6 HS
Rob Reese's picture

+1 only because I value your contributions, as for your avatar.... 

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Does this mean we can start dozens of new "[insert user name] is changing his icon" forums?

+2 HS
sb97's picture

Please?  (just kidding)

+1 HS
buckeyestu's picture

I have no idea how to put an avatar on, can anyone give me simple instructions

+2 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Sure. Just updated the post up top with instructions.