Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Who here is from Putnam County?

thumper351's picture
July 30, 2014 at 8:02am
36 Comments

I found another member from the great PC, wondering if there are others.

Oldschoolbuck's picture

Thumper, not from Putnam, but grew up in Findlay and live in Wood. I know Putnamians (?) can down the brew - If memory serves, wasn't it ranked the #1 beer consuming county in the Buckeye state?

UFest57's picture

IDK if it's sad or genius that the county streets in Putnam Co. are listed A-Z and by Number.

+3 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Genius, no doubt.

You can never get lost no matter where you are in the county.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

My wife would beg to differ....

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+3 HS
awarren84's picture

Grew up on Road 4!

"Anything less than flagrant is just playing grab ass!"

JasonR's picture

Take it from somebody who had a job in high school driving around those country roads delivering pizza...it is GENIUS.

+2 HS
stechs02's picture

I am! Grew up in Fort Jennings, have lived in Columbus the past 8 years after graduating from tOSU. My parents still reside in Fort Jennings and I love going back to visit. Putnam County is a great place to grow up.

+3 HS

Stechschulte I presume? No surprise the text editor flags it as misspelled.

It should come as no surprise by my username that I'm a Putnam County guy. New Cleveland area to be exact.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
stechs02's picture

Stechschulte is correct. The Fort Jennings Stechschulte's, not the Kalida.

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

I am from Leipsic. Moved to Columbus about 11 years ago (that also included a three year stint in AZ) but grew up in "L-Town" as I now call it. But no, my last name is not Schroeder, Stechschulte, or Niese.

+1 HS
Nutbuck1959's picture

Not from Putnam county, but grew up next door in Paulding county. Spent a decent amount of time in Putnam, though!

+1 HS
Sloopy_HangOn's picture

A fellow Paulding County resident! As a first-time-ever poster, I never thought I'd run into another one!

+1 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Henry... Go Patriots!!

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

Booo! Ha, I kid. I miss the Leipsic/PH rivalry (even though we were on the wrong end of it quite often). I heard our coach (PH grad) just left to take the job at PH. He did a great job at Leipsic, you guys got a good one!

bleedscarlet's picture

My boy's a junior this year and he raves about him, replacing Inselman wont be easy though. Would have loved for him to bring Cupp with him. Good luck to Leipsic this year, I hope they've found a coach who can continue gettin' it done. :)

Curt Heinrichs's picture

-How the rest of Henry County feels about that comment. 

bleedscarlet's picture

Lol... I was a Wildcat, my kid is the Patriot and I now live outside of Delta... the common theme seems to be L.C. sux ;)

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Not from Putnam, but grew up in Lima. Mom works in Grove at Union Bank still. Very familiar with the place. I'm also never drinking again at Pioneer Days...

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+3 HS
rosycheeks's picture

I'm from Columbus Grove.

thumper351's picture

That is where I reside also, too funny!

Bugsyk's picture

I have a great many friends in the Grove, and a great many drinking stories to go with them...

thumper351's picture

Without knowing your age I don't know the odds, but do you know anybody named Sharrits?

Bugsyk's picture

Probably met at some point.  I'm good friends with the Bonifas clan, and the Hawkers.

Buck U's picture

I grew up in Putnam County- Glandorf.  Putnam county is no longer top dog in regards to most alcohol consumption in the state. The title is now held by Mercer county which is where I live now.  Coincidence or maybe I have a serious drinking problem??? Putnam came in 5th place this past year. 

I also agree that the way the roads are laid out/ defined is brilliant.  I wish every county would go to that system. 

Go Titans.  

sox33osu's picture

Raised in Pandora. Actually went back a couple of weekends ago and went through the first house I ever lived in. Weird as hell. Lived on Road M from K-5 then moved to Findlay til I graduated HS.

thumper351's picture

This is pretty cool, I wonder how many of you I have crossed paths with. Grew up in Grove, went to high school in Pandora, lived in Ottawa for 15 years, and married a woman from Leipsic.

gonzogrover's picture

I grew up and currently live in Auglaize county but my wife grew up in Kalida and the rest of her family now either lives there or in Ottoville. Good people.

GreatLakesBeer's picture

Not from Putnam County but i did get lost and got a DUI there in my younger days.......not proud of it just saying

If you will it dude, it is no dream

thumper351's picture

Got lost???? Which part confuses you on the roads, counting or the alphabet? I kid, I kid.

+1 HS
GreatLakesBeer's picture

Haha i was lost before i even got to Putnam County

If you will it dude, it is no dream

Buckeye1996's picture

Grew up in Pandora Ohio. Went to PG HS. Married a girl from Delphos. Moved to Columbus, OH in 94, Columbia SC in 96 and now live in NC.

Does Miller City still have the Hawaiian thingy? :)

No, the Miller City Sportsman's Club hasn't held the Hawaiian Party in some number of years. It has undergone plenty of renovations since you've probably been there last. You might not even recognize it!

In fact, check out what we found in that building recently! 

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/blogs/taterschroeder/2014/08/living-the-1926-big-ten-season

How Firm Thy Friendship

1MechEng's picture

My Wife is an OSU Alum as well as I ... we met in school and got married in Sacred Heart Church, off SR108 on CR Y, just north of the Putnam/Henry county line. She grew up near Holgate, Oh.

Lots of her relatives still live in Henry and Putnam county. Most of them work at the family farm/sawmill, etc.

No - not she's a Schroeder, Stechschulte, or Niese, but they have all married into her family ...

We refer to that church as "Newber" (sp?). 

How Firm Thy Friendship

Mothra's picture

Findlay here, but tons of friends from PC... From Horstmans to Nieses to Schroeders...

halfmile78's picture

I'm from Allen county, but I know and work with a lot of Putnam county people. I kid the Kalida guys about "Honky Christmas" but they're good sports about it. I coached Jr. High basketball for two years at P-G. Long time ago, but good memories. When we got out of high school, we always headed to Ottawa on the weekends. Seems like there was always something fun happening.

Halfmile78