Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Lost in all of confusion yesterday...

osu07asu10's picture
July 3, 2014 at 8:56am
13 Comments

First, thank you staff. For continued hard work, diligently getting the site back in order after we crashed it, and keeping us updated during the brief downtime.

That being said, I'd like toss a MASSIVE h/t towards one of the newer staff members, John Brandon.  

Lost in the shuffle yesterday, this guy brought back the GRAY BOX and whether it was a staff decision or John going rogue, I could not be happier.

ITTTTTTSSS BAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKK!

Poison nuts's picture

Agreed! I was very happy to see this. Welcome back Gray Box!

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+3 HS
Earle's picture

Lost?  Not on me.  I just couldn't get on to comment on it.  Clearly it was the Gray Boxes that crashed the site.  The world was just not prepared for the Gray Boxy awesomeness.

Italics are for emphasis.

+5 HS
JasonR's picture

Gray box reappears...site crashes. Can't be a coincidence.

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

How come people are spelling Gray Box correctly on this thread?  I don't get it.

+3 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I assume you're talking about some using the word "grey" rather than "gray".  Technically, both are correct but gray is the correct usage in the US while grey is the usage in the UK.

But, yeah, that new logo is sweet.

Earle's picture

'Murica, where the boxes are gray since 1776.

+6 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Upvote for the sentiment, but you used one of my growing pet peeves. America is great and should not be shortened or abbreviated.  If it must be abbreviated, USA fits nicely. 

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Fair point.  Used it for effect, but don't disagree at all.  Consider me smacked down like so many redcoats.

+3 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Consider me smacked down like so many redcoats.

This is pure gold, sir.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

As far as Ohio State is concerned...it is Gray.

As far as Crimson's query...I think he may be referencing my correction of the use of Grey in the past.

(Confessional pt 3: I can't stand when people use Grey for the buckeyes!)

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

Well, technically, only gray is correct when referencing all things Ohio State. 

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Only in America - Great post and comments 

+2 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Now that I fully understand the proper usage and implications of 'gray', I look forward to moving on and having a productive day.

+2 HS