Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Comment Voting for Helmet Stickers

Tater_Schroeder's picture
June 24, 2014 at 8:43pm
96 Comments

I don't see any functionality to vote on comments to give - or take away - helmet stickers. Is it because I'm a new member or am I missing something?

Huh?

kicks's picture

Have to reach 100 helmet stickers before you can upvote or downvote.

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Post a comment here and we will throw you a few, Tater Salad. 

+2 HS

I appreciate the offer!

... and I promise I had the nickname Tater well before we all laughed due to Ron White! So although I enjoy salad, I believe Taters do just fine by themselves!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+46 HS
Knarcisi's picture

See, we came through. My uncle's nickname is Tater, and he's had it a while too. 

AndyVance's picture

These erudite scholars speak the truth: hang around a while, contribute to the community, and helmet stickers will flow your way. In time, they will earn you nice perks, like voting and blogging, and eventually perhaps even admission to that mystical sanctum known as the Premium Lounge. Here's a quick primer on stickers. Welcome to the site!

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Now Andy, just become a Mod and you tease this Greenhorn about the Premiuim Lounge?

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

Everybody needs hopes, dreams, and aspirations...

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Wait til he gets to 10,000 helmet stickers and Urban lets him call a play. 

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

I don't like to brag, but immediately after I hit 10,000......

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Can't see your pic on my iPad Cajun, but I called the streak from Kenny G to Devin Smith vs. Cal. What play did you call?

cajunbuckeye's picture

Miller to Heuerman for the TD at the Orange Bowl.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Great call. I think Bassdropper called the 4th and 1 keeper by Miller vs Sparty. That's why his helmet stickers are where they are. The fall from 10,000 is a hard fall. 

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

You called that play Cajun? Nice ass call! What would you have called had you acquired 10,000 stickers during the Tressel regime?

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
cinserious's picture
h

cinserious's picture
d

Thank you Andy! I had reviewed the site you linked, but it neglects to mention the 100 Helmet Sticker voting requirement.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+22 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Thanks for pointing that out. Now it does.

Glad to have helped!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+10 HS
sharks's picture

Certain gifs are your key to the promised land.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+11 HS
Killer nuts's picture

JLaw knows another way to get helmet stickers

+12 HS
OSU069's picture

What's this from?

luckynutz's picture

Silver Linings Playbook. Its a great flick...her and bradley cooper have ridiculoud chemistry.

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

Ridiculoud?  I've never heard that one before.  It would be a great description of an Ohio Stadium night game.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Fantastic movie.  Highly recommended if you haven't seen it. 

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Alison Brie/that Michigan loving Kate Upton seem to do well too...

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+22 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I know the feeling...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+9 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Oh Alison Brie...and now I've lost my train of thought.

+4 HS
shaggybuckeye's picture

I found it for you Unky, but alas it's not looking good...

+4 HS
rosycheeks's picture

Lurk around, find new posts that no one has yet commented on, then be first to comment. Make sure it's witty or sarcastic. You'll be at 100 in no time. Either that you or you can get a life; I should try that.

+3 HS

Wow you were right. As of this comment, I'll be at 102. Happy to be a part of the community!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

One day in the near future if you play your cards right Tater you can become a member of the premium lounge, After the remodeling is complete.

+8 HS

I don't play piano. Perhaps there's a set of spoons around?

How Firm Thy Friendship

+19 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Tater, if you cover my Premium Lounge bar bill for the next month, I'll throw you an upvote every time you post.

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Don't do it. He can handle his liquor and prefers the good stuff. 

+2 HS

I'm sorry, I can't afford it. Those banks still want their money back for funding my time at OSU, plus some. Until then, it'll have to be "shitty redneck beer" like at Too's.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+9 HS
cinserious's picture

You can pay for anything in the Premium Lounge using virtual $$$ like BitCoin. Problem is, you have to have a rediculous amount of Helmet Stickers to get an invite. 

There's only 16 members in that elite company:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/helmet-stickers-leaderboard

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Just be careful. Once you start...

My therapists agree I'm nearly ready to spend some time outside the Lounge...

Welcome to the site, TS.

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

As a west coaster HOV sometimes I think the BVTW has a full time staff commenting on his behalf............Dude is in here 24/7 HAHA

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

It's cool though - we never have to close the place down as a result.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Yeah, Tater, none of us in here are addicted, but you might be before long. ^ these 2 are never,ever in here. 

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

My new "room" has a window.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

That room in the corner with pads on the walls?

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

It's Buckeye football and sports talk 365/24/7. That's more a necessity than an addiction. 

+3 HS

I'm picturing One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Does that adequately set the scene?

How Firm Thy Friendship

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Chief?

That you?

Love. That. Movie.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

" You fooled em all, Chief, you fooled em all."

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

My favorite movie. In a maniacal Buckeye sense, that'll do.  

"Didn't weigh the chain, did ya Doc?"

+1 HS

And the whole movie I craved a "Great Scott!" outburst! (I do know that's not chronologically correct, but as a guy in his late twenties, that's the order in which I experienced it.)

How Firm Thy Friendship

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Tater, there's a guy in here named Bassdropper. He's Cheswick or Harding. 

+1 HS
BUCKfutter's picture

I'll take The Rapists for $200!!!!!!!!!!

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

There ya go, Tater, you're at 100. 

airbuckeye's picture

I got stuck with that damn name Tater when i was and only a few still call me that . But thank god they never added salad to the end of it. Plus i got stuck with nick name Porky as well and i hated both those damn nick names and to still be called tater at the age of 60 seems something is wrong with that LOL.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Do NOT, under any circumstance, complain/ask about down votes.....it leads to more down votes. 

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+6 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

See?!! Even when someone mentions them while trying to be helpful....

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

-1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Tater,

It's good that you've already learned the importance of posting about HS's as often as possible . .

You'll want to get in the habit of bringing attention to your great posts by saying, for instance, "hey, where's the HS's for my great post?"

Likewise, if you happen to get a DV, be sure to question why, and tell anyone else who might be thinking of DV'ing you to suck it . . .

Pretty soon, you'll have so much attention, you'll have to start a new user ID to cope . . .

Welcome!

PS:  Don't do any of these things.  #badadvice

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+8 HS

Completely understood!

I didn't originally post this with the intention of begging for HS. I was legitimately confused about the voting. Now I know!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+3 HS
KB3RG's picture

Thanks for this post Tater, I was also unaware of how to get the Helmet Stickers. I was a very avid poster on Bucknuts but have been transitioning over here. 

+10 HS
1MechEng's picture

Welcome to the site as well. Have a World Cup inspired upvote from me.

Soccer upvote!

+13 HS
OSUStu's picture

A World Cupvote?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+8 HS
Yes.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+5 HS
cinserious's picture

UV for you KB! Welcome to the community here at 11-Dubs. Its a lot more enjoyable than Bucknuts. you're not forced to pay for information, and the folks here are a lot less acidic towards other members!

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Stuff you should know:

-Talking about downvotes get you downvoted.
-Talking about upvotes gets you downvoted.
-BassDropper will get downvoted even when he's makes a really good point.
-There are a lot of people here that ignore the rules on downvoting.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
Earle's picture

I downvoted you just for effect.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+10 HS

Admitting to downvoting? Isn't that frowned upon?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
Earle's picture

Evidently not.  Go figure.

+4 HS

I'm betting it's because people still feel bad that you were fired.

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

And wearing that fedora he was carried off in. 

+1 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Yes, but in this case you never downvote a senior citizen...

/sorry been reading to many of Oyster's replies.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+2 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Plus Tater, if you decide to have a meltdown, please make it as monumental as possible. Sadly, I don't think we have any examples of this since the site changed over. If you do meltdown, please post it under the thread title, "Thank you all for screwing me."

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+6 HS

I feel as though I'm missing an inside joke here?

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

It was one of the more epic meltdown threads, before "The Purge". When the site transformed into its current version all old threads were deleted, including some amazing examples of people taking upvotes, downvotes, and the internet in general, waaaayyyyy too seriously.

+3 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Definition of a meltdown:

Newer member shows up on site and is extremely active in conversation on a particular thread.  Some of the posts are even close enough to normal that you fall into engaging the subject.  Subject then irrationally takes offense to a harmless ribbing from a senior member of the site.  Subject then proceeds to troll the rest of the members looking at the thread.  Mud slinging ensues.  Because thread is now getting new comments every other second, it stays on top of active list.  Every member logs into site and jumps into thread to see what's happening.  As trolls are irresistible, all members start downvoting and arguing with subject.  Subject then has to create new posts to get auto-upvotes that counter the downvotes.  Subject tries to create new posts as fast as possible to keep the numbers in balance.  Fast subjects can keep this game going for 10s of minutes.  Inevitably, an admin bans subject from the site.  Subject melted down.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Thats a awesome ass description. I've been involved in some epics everything from Michael Sam to Spoiling G.O.T.'s. Feels about the right time to get another juicy one cooking on the front burner.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Incidentally, OSU_ALUM_05 started out as simply OSU_ALUM. Somehow he is now at #5...

+1 HS

Ah yes, understood. I'm sad I missed that!

Sad.

How Firm Thy Friendship

cinserious's picture

That's bullshit McNulty and you know it!

h

+1 HS

Great. I was planning on being productive this evening, but I guess I'll watch Slingblade instead.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+3 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Sling blade I love that movie!!

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

I'm glad this came up, I was wondering how I might be able to show my support for posts that I enjoy.

I could've thrown UV's to everyone that participated in the Bohemian Rhapsody meme train the other day. That was fantastic.

+3 HS
Earle's picture

That was just a pale shadow of the original thread, which was truly spectacular.

+3 HS
cinserious's picture

I remember that. Anybody remember the actual topic for that one?

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I'm sure it was recruiting related...

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

Or Fire Fickel.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Something, something, Timmons, something, something Anzalone . . .

+1 HS
DrSpaceman's picture

Thought you got to vote at 50! Dang I've still got a ways to go.

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+5 HS
exnwohiobuckfan's picture

Dont feel bad, I was well over 100, then had to get a new phone and not only forgot my login info for here but also for the email addy I used. I didn't post for a couple of months and then couldn't handle it anymore, so I had to start all over.

Citrus's picture

Also, never disagree with anyone ever. Never critique a coach. If you do have a pair of brass balls and decide to question UFM, you MUST add "of course what do I know? In Urbz I trust!" 

On a serious note, don't disparage recruits. I wrote a guide a while back for new members. If I can find it, I'll repost. 

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here is what I thought of when I saw your gif Scottie

Huntdawg44's picture

Hate to be the guy who fishes for helmet stickers but I am also a newer member and, well a few stickers would be much obliged. O-H!

In Old Ohio There's A Team That's Known Throughout The Land

+8 HS
Knarcisi's picture

That's pretty desparate, but I gave you one. 

+2 HS
nfischer's picture

You should be embarrassed at such groveling... (I gave you an up vote as well).

+1 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

Thanks for all the good advice on this forum topic. 

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!