Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Please demarcate the signature lines/boxes

Craft to the Rafters's picture
March 11, 2014 at 1:44pm
20 Comments

Like the new site and am sure everyone will come around once they're a bit more familiar with the layout. Overall, the look and feel is much smoother.

One small quip: please somehow demarcate the text in a poster's signature box (ie their quote from Woody or what have you) from the text in their forum post. Although I rarely mistake the quote as a continuation of their thought in the post, it does take a second to register and can make the post look more long-winded.

Overall, I think a separate font, size, style or any combination thereof for the signature box would contribute to a more elegant layout to the comments/forum section.

Thanks for your attention and sorry if this is a repost!

- Craft to the Rafters

Killer nuts's picture

I second this motion

Oyster's picture

If people were to simply emphasize their signature line, would that help?

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

I just find it a bit obnoxious that so many people have sarcastic signature lines.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I think my signature about sums that up.

Jason Priestas's picture

It should already be smaller, lighter in color and italicized. What device are you using where it's not that way?

Killer nuts's picture

Might be an Internet Explorer issue again

Craft to the Rafters's picture

Interesting. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the oversight. I'm on an old version of Internet Explorer on my work laptop at the moment. I'll report back if it is the same on my MBP at home.

OSUStu's picture

Yup, there is your problem.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+6 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

This is awesome.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

The Rill Dill's picture

I'll second the- 'Craft to the rafters'.

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

Also having the same signature font style / size / color issues on IE 9.0 (work) and IE 10 (home).

The Rill Dill's picture

Anyone have a dictionary handy?...

+1 HS
Buckeye Scottie's picture

I finally got sick of IE and finally made the switch back to Firefox.  Couldn't be happier, nearly EVERYTHING works better.  Head over to mozilla.org and download Firefox and thank me later.

Jason Priestas's picture

We're working on IE fixes for people that have to use it at work, but yeah, if you have the option to jump shit, do so. Chrome is a great choice, too.

Crimson's picture

if you have the option to jump shit, do so.

I'm not sure if you meant this, or if you are just accidentally calling IE shit.  Either way, love it!

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Unintentional, but still works.

1MechEng's picture

Update ... I now see the font/style changes on IE10 at home.

Since it was a level 3 snow emergency today (in Toledo), I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check my work browser.

Seattle Linga's picture

I have Chrome and I love it !!!!!!!

Earle's picture

So shiny, and smells a lot better, too.

Italics are for emphasis.