Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Banner ads ...

buckeyefanatic's picture
February 11, 2014 at 1:13am
83 Comments

... click them now and then.  It helps.

(removed attempting-to-be-funny meme because I could not size it correctly)  #tatumnoob

OSUStu's picture

What does that help with?  Getting certified in business essentials?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

AndyVance's picture

Well, it might if you're looking to position yourself for leadership roles in business...

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I know I am always on the look out for Filipino and Asian women on dating sites. So I'm thrilled the banner for it still shows up. 

+6 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I've been getting an Arab women dating advertisement, which I'd never really considered. But hey, why not...(double clicks)

BTW: Here's the type of Arab women ads I'm getting:

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Tenn! Don't cheat on JLaw!....

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

He's not cheating. It's just innocent flirting and possibly touching.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

They do have beautiful eyes...

+4 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Wait, who? JLaw and Tenn or the Arab women? I can see the women in that statement, but I'd have to see Tenn's eyes before I make any sort of declaration of that nature...

+2 HS
Earle's picture

I always thought his icon was a picture of him.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Oh, then that changes things. Thanks to the enlarged icons on Tatum, I'd say Tenn does indeed have beautiful eyes.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Hey Unky, have you seen how old Earle looks with the new icons?  I had no idea...

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Great googily moogily does he look old!

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

I will say though, you look great.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Why thank you. Could stand to lose a few pounds and that second chin, but I am a busy man...

+1 HS
Earle's picture

You guys are going to make me change my icon, and I'm not sure Tatum can handle that.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Arab women.  You can't tell about anything else because they are all 'Gift Wrapped'.

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

I was having a similar conversation with The Stunning Mrs. Vance the other night (which will make no sense if you're not a fan of The Big Bang Theory): Penny or Priya? (Okay, Priya is Indian, not Persian, but she has very pretty eyes.)

Let's take a straw poll, shall we?

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

Penny has eyes?

sorry STEENSN

+5 HS
NW Buckeye's picture

Yes she does, too bad she had to cover them up.....

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Not sure, but it's definitely a little chilly in that room she's in.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

A LITTLE CHILLY? 

You can try that one again..it must be 14 degrees in that studio

Doc's picture

Andy, I think your not giving us a fair sample. First, you have a beautiful picture of Priya and then a picture of Penny's boobs.  I would need to see Priya's boobs to make a fair comparison. XD 

"Say my name."

+7 HS
AndyVance's picture

Yeah, so clearly that didn't work out the way I intended... The Stunning Mrs. Vance said it's perfectly okay for me to have a TV crush on Penny, 'cause well, Penny. Mrs. Vance does not like Priya however (the character, since we don't actually know the very attractive young lady who plays her). Ergo my clever juxtaposition was supposed to be a pretty picture of Priya followed by a picture of Penny more or less rolling her eyes... When I was thumbing through Google images this morning I sort of missed the portion of the picture everyone else kind of fixated on (I should have just posted the Kaley Cuoco bikini pics and been done with it).

And for the record, I didn't really find any comparable Priya pictures re: your request/suggestion.

Oyster's picture

Psst, Andy.  With the new site upgrades, you can "resize" the picture you post.  Just sayin...

I'm sure it was an honest mistake...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Neha Kapur in real life is Kunal Nayyar's wife - you can post a pic of her if you'd like - she is a beauty queen from India - see where she stands in the running

Oyster's picture

Does he ever talk to her?

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Clearly not enough people appreciated this comment...

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

Eh, waddaya gonna do?

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I'm voting "Other" and not saying who it is...

Seriously, I wouldn't kick either out of bed and I'll leave it at that.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

You're still stuck on that Russian curler, aren't you?

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Maybe I am or maybe I am...

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Hey Unky, let it go.  Have you ever seen what Russian Mothers look like?  Trust me, before you get in a long term relationship, look at the mother, because that is what you will end up marrying.  The same goes for the fairer sex of our community, except it will be the father. 

Thank me later.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I couldn't care less about it, lol. I just think that girl is gorgeous and I won't be convinced otherwise. It's just like Andy's attempt at trying to portray a "bad" Kaley and it just can't be done. I don't think either will ever look bad but I also don't ever anticipate being with them (which is a shame for them....because I am awesome).

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

You could always refer to her as "My future ex wife".  I will give you a hint though, don't ever try this, no matter how good of a sense of humor your spouse may have.  When you introduce her to people, never say, "This is my first wife, (insert name)"  (or second wife if the case may be.) They don't seem to think it's very funny for some odd reason.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Apparently my first wife needs to have an incredible sense of humor. I should test that out from the get go.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Unky, you may be in luck.  I just saw an ad for a Russian dating site.  Maybe your girl is on it.  It can't hurt to try, right?

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Is it mail order? Because, seriously, I need to draw a line somewhere.

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

What if it was mail order, but with free shipping? 

+3 HS
Earle's picture

Shipping is free with a Ruskie Prime account, including return shipping, or so I've heard.

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Will she be sent via Ruskie Prime drones? Unless a drone drops her off at my door, I don't know if I'll do it. Too much hassle going to the post office...

Earle's picture

Unfortunately, no. There was a slight mishap with the bridal drones being mistaken for the spy drones and several brides were lost. It was quite tragic really, as they were uninsured. You can get home delivery for a nominal charge, but be advised that they will not leave your bride unless there is someone there to sign for her.

CALPOPPY's picture

Earle, you fell for that excuse? The FAA wants you to believe that because they sent cease and desist letters to Ruskie Prime to stop using drones. Even though they are a Russian company, they're still not allowed to operate drones for commercial purposes in US air space. And the fact that they must fly the brides above a 400ft altitude causes a safety hazard if they lose a limb or a shoe.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
Buckeye Scottie's picture

Penny, and NOT just because she poked MY eyes out!

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Scottie, if she didn't poke your eyes out, then you clearly just don't know...

+1 HS
buckeyefanatic's picture

There is no loser in this situation.

How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan football?   1AA
Want to beat Michigan? There's an App for that.

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Penny is a hot mess.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Priya.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Go1Bucks's picture

Awww Killer...a selfie!

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Nicely timed comment

Oyster's picture

I just got my first Arab Girls ad, and they were already unwrapped!  And guess what?  At the top is an ad for Cheap Airfare!  Who says that Jason can't design a good website.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

I really miss the Bad Idea T-shirt ads.

+6 HS
Oyster's picture

They stopped advertising because they were offended by the constant F#@K Fickell threads.  It went against their business model and they found it to be in bad taste.

+20 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

That's funny. I upvoted.

CALPOPPY's picture

I like how the F#@K creates an email link.

Sadly, F# at K would not return my emails.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+6 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Sounds like an asshole to me.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Send it to the Arab women and 'see' if they respond?

+2 HS
Art Harrell's picture

I live in Central Florida--I get Hormone Therapy adds from Tampa Rejuvenation -I clicked on

it to help 11W staff

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I bought a Beardo so that is pretty much all I see now.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I always hate it when my wife is shopping on her laptop, and then I'll see ads for whatever she was shopping for in 11W within 5 minutes.  Any time I see ads like that I yell at her and she's like "whoopsie!" with her evil smile and half a giggle.  She's lucky that she looks so flippin' cute when she does that!

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

? - she programs the computer to give you banner ads or has in with the 11W staff?

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Google and other advertisers have the ability to use your browsing history and/or search history to target advertisements.  In the case of my wife and I, because we are behind the same router, we appear to be browsing from the same IP (we are distinguished only by port number to the outside world), and in the case of Google advertisements, sometimes my Google account is logged in on the wife's laptop.  This causes our mutual browsing history to show up in the other's targeted advertisements.  So my wife goes to realtor.com and all of a sudden I'm getting Columbus real estate listings showing up everywhere.  If she searches for Asian and Arab women, I get those ads too.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

AHHH ok, my sympathy level just went up, and so did my hysterical laughter of your plight.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

So Dave, do you get the ads for Asian women or Arab women?

+2 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I see what you did there.  

I get the ads for both, so interpret that however you want, lol.  I also get ads for facebook games, imagine that.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Perhaps that is why she says Whoopsie when you question her?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This train got derailed a long time ago

Oyster's picture

I think you all owe Buckeyefanatic an apology for hijacking this thread!  He had a well intentioned point to make and you all made a mockery of it.  Yet one more example of why we can't have nice things or Recent Comments anymore.

+4 HS
Earle's picture

I thought we couldn't have Recent Comments because of Fickell.

+4 HS
Oyster's picture

Good point.  And it all started with a simple pizza for dinner.  Who woulda thunk it?

(Nice Full Windsor on the tie BTW, not many people still know how to tie that)

CALPOPPY's picture

Double down on Double Windsor.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

I thought we couldn't have Recent Comments because of Fickell.

FIRE FICKELL!

+1 HS
buckeyefanatic's picture

THANK YOU!  Sheesh.

NICE THINGS ... we can't have them.

How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan football?   1AA
Want to beat Michigan? There's an App for that.

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

So to reiterate what the OP said, click on the ads every once in a while, find the woman of your dreams from an assortment of ethnicities and live happily ever after...It helps.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Just don't ever refer to them as "wife number X", or at least try to find an ethnicity that doesn't mind. 

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Stealing material again I see.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Just pulling it all together.  And at the risk of furthering an ethnic stereotype, my money is on the arab girls.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

They do have lovely eyes, I'll give them that.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Including my favorite Persian television beauty, co-star of CBS's Person of Interest, Sarah Shahi (Does Persian count as "Arab" in this case?):

Oyster's picture

You forgot about getting certified in Business Essentials too.  Which is where this whole thing started going off track to begin with.

Hovenaut's picture

I get this quite a bit, and I don't understand it. Or maybe I do, and my computer knows it...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

HOV - you had to keep it going didn't you !!!!!!!!!

Whoa Nellie's picture

Could really do without the toenail fungus ad.  Can't imagine what I googled to earn that!  Although, I did make a wisecrack about Tinea Pedis in the "crazy name" thread.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS