- @TomVH 2015 QB Alex Malzone (Birmingham, Mich.) says Penn State, Ohio State, Toledo and Bowling Green have shown interest in getting him on campus
- @NYPost_Brazille Erasmus Hall star WR Curtis Samuel will be back at Ohio Stare Thursday or Friday I'm told Commitment could follow.
MotSaG Chat with CJ Conrad (men of the scarlet and gray)
CJ Conrad is everything CFB fans and coaches love about Ohio HS football players. CJ is big and strong and fast. CJ also happens to have a good head on his shoulders and doesn’t play the recruiting game. He puts education as high in his importance list as sports if not higher. He is a the kind of TE Coach Meyer loves but also could develop if his body keeps growing into an excellent OT much like Reid Fragel did under Urban’s coaching. CJ isn’t ranked by any recruiting services yet but after his great showing at FNL last month you can expect that and more offers to happen soon. Here is the interview I had with him hope you enjoy it.
Blue Chip Chat with ... Malik Hooker, New Castle (post gazette)
Hooker's story is one of a player on the rise. He didn't play high school football until his junior year, and then rose to a guy who had two-dozen scholarship offers in less than a year. Until his junior season of 2012, the previous time Hooker played football was in eighth grade. But he showed so much talent, athletic ability and potential that he turned into a major-college prospect. On a team that didn't pass much, he led New Castle in receptions with 13 for 333 yards (25.6 average), rushed for 257 yards on 27 carries and was excellent at defensive back. Hooker is one of the best two-sport athletes in the state. He also is a standout in basketball and made the Post-Gazette Fabulous 5 in the spring. He also could have been a Division I prospect in basketball.
2015 First Look: Ohio Rankings (scout)
Ohio placed 16 prospects in Scout's initial Scout 300. Here is a look at who made the cut and who some of the next guys to vault onto the list might be.
Scout 300 Prospects
1. L.J. Scott, RB, Hubbard
2. Justin Hilliard, LB, Cincinnati St. Xavier
3. Hjalte Froholdt, DE, Warren Harding
4. Eric Glover-Williams, RB, Canton McKinley
5. Jerome Baker, OLB, Cleveland Benedictine
6. Shaun Crawford, CB, Lakewood St. Edward
7. Darrin Hall, RB, Austintown Fitch
8. Anthony McKee, OLB, Walnut Ridge
9. C.J. Conrad, TE, Keystone
19. Matt Jones, OT, Hubbard
11. David Dowell, WR, Lakewood St. Edward
12. Chris Green, MLB, Toledo Central Catholic
13. Chris Fobbs, CB, Miamisburg
14. Tyree Kinnel, CB, Huber Heights Wayne
15. Andrew Dowell, RB, Lakewood St. Edward
16. Christopher Young, S, Miamisburg
Ohio State is getting closer and closer to landing long time target Curtis Samuel, Marshon Lattimore and Erick Smith continuing to draw rave reviews, plus 2015 DT Tim Settle moves up in the rankings.
It's a new week, but the same story surrounds New Jersey target Curtis Samuel. On Tuesday, it was announced that Samuel's high school coach would be making a return trip to Columbus sometime this week, likely today. Over the last couple of weeks, the 6'0", lightning fast Samuel has made appearances on the campuses of Ohio State as well as Rutgers, with Rutgers being his most recent visit. No commitment was given to the Scarlet Knights on his last visit which leads many to believe, including us, that a commitment to the Buckeyes is right around the corner. This return visit by coach Danny Landberg is major and tells us this recruitment is coming to an end. However, the biggest news of day was the announcement that Curtis Samuel himself would be returning to Columbus on either Thursday or Friday. This visit will be telling for the future of Curtis Samuel. The writing is on the wall for this recruiting battle between two future Big Ten foes. Samuel should be a Buckeye...very, very soon.