- @Birm In other #Buckeye news - New Jersey WR Noah Brown told me #OhioState still leads after his visit to #Vanderbilt.
Scout $ - OSU Recruiting: Building The Wall
- By The Bank.....A breakdown of each OL commit & the remaining prospects, including Prince, Bookser, Mavety, Mama & Eluemunor.
- By Young.....Breakdown of where Ohio State stands with Prince, Bookser & Mavety.
ESPN $ - Another Georgia standout on OSU's radar '15 GA ATH Adonis Thomas
- By Bournival....Talks about his relationship with Trey Johnson, who he calls his big brother, & says an Ohio State offer would be big.
Scout $ - Brown talks UA visit, SEC trip coming up '14 AZ ATH Jalen Brown
- By Biggins....Will take officials to Oregon, Oregon State, Wisconsin & Ohio State and the fifth will come down to Arizona, Michigan State or Vanderbilt.
ESPN $ - Ohio State grabs commitment No. 16 '14 PA S Malik Hooker
- By Bournival.....Says he felt at home the first time he visited Ohio State. Looks forward to competing once he arrives & can't wait to visit again.
Scout $ - National Select: Top 10 '14 PA S Malik Hooker
- By Garcia Jr.....Had a great showing on both sides of the ball. Garcia calls him the top WR at the event out of all 32 teams and capped his day off with this catch
ROTW: Jacques Patrick
The Buckeyes capped a busy recruiting weekend by adding their fifteenth commit to the class of 2014 in OG Demetrius Knox. Knox, the sixth best offensive guard in his class, the 15th best player hailing from the state of Texas, and the 103rd best total player in the country (per the 247Composite rankings), joins a loaded o-line haul that already includes Marcelys Jones, Kyle Trout, and Jamarco Jones. If the Buckeyes close with the likes of Chad Mavety or Damian Prince, we're talking about the foundation for a College Football Playoff run capable offensive line.
It didn't take long for the other members of the "Dream '14" to congratulate Knox and sing his praises. Jamarco Jones, Stephen Collier, and Jalyn Holmes all quickly got in on the act, speaking to the family atmosphere that is helping Mark Pantoni, Urban Meyer, and company put together one of the nation's top classes.
Matt Elam Highlights: Odds on Where Monster 5-Star DT Lands in 2014 (bleacher report)
2014 DT Matt Elam has emerged as one of the top recruits in his class. His size and skill set give him the ability to contribute immediately at the next level.
Watch Bleacher Report's CFB analyst Adam Kramer break down the odds on where this top prospect will end up going to college.
Friday Night Lights was a huge success. The-Ozone’s own Patrick Murphy was in attendance and felt it was an awesome night, but was it awesome for recruiting?
Damon Webb went up against Eric Glover-Williams in one-on-one drills and both impressed with their athletic ability. Afterwards, Damon and his father were spotted talking to Eric and his. Did recruiting Glover-Williams commence between the two? Sources mentioned to me that Coach Meyer was very impressed with Webb’s performance and Glover-William’s performance. Meyer definitely wants to get Glover-Williams in the 2015 class. The two were like Spider-Man and Superman. Sources also said the fans were great and the players and former players all gave Damon Webb a lot of love and that Webb looks forward to playing in The Shoe.
The night was filled with highlight videos, coaches’ instructions, talks from football greats, and competition. A few people turned heads:
Why Did Webb Compete At OSU's FNL? (247sports)
Damon Webb is considered one of the top prospects in the Midwest for 2014. He secured his spot in Ohio State’s recruiting class for 2014 when he verbaled on Jan. 13. And he already has been selected to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio in January.
In short, Webb has nothing to prove.
But there he was on Friday night, one of the few OSU verbals who got out on the field and competed at the Friday Night Lights camp inside Ohio Stadium. (Other verbals who worked out included WR Lonnie Johnson, OL Kyle Trout and OL Marcelys Jones.)
Webb, from Detroit Cass Tech, competed at cornerback and his battles with 2015 athlete prospect Eric Glover-Williams of Canton McKinley were something to see. For more on Glover-Williams’ perspective of the camp, click here.