- @ScoutKennedy Damien Mama serving up pancakes. Top OL today at The Opening so far
- @GregBiggins First set of one on one lineman drills- run blocking, in the books, OL Damien Mama, DL Thomas Holley were dominant
- @AllenTrieu Diving touchdown catch for Ohio State commit Terry McLaurin
- @SWiltfong247 #OhioState LB commit Kyle Berger with a pick six.
Scout $ - The Opening: Quincy Wilson Update '14 FL DB Quincy Wilson
- Commits from Florida and OSU are in his ear...visited UCLA and USC before The Opening and has trips lined up to Alabama and LSU later this month.
247 $ - Solomon Thomas Talks Recent Visits '14 TX DE Solomon Thomas
- Recaps his visits to Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State...also interested in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M and UCLA.
Scout$--The Opening: Demetrius Knox Update '14 TX OL Demetrius Knox
- Demetrius has a top five of Ohio State, UCLA, Miami, Florida State and TCU. He says tOSU has always been his dream school, he loves everything about UCLA, he has family and friends at TCU, and he sees FSU and Miami getting back to being powerhouses soon.
247 $ - JuJu Sees Himself At Five Schools '14 CA ATH John "JuJu" Smith
- Feels like his officials will be to Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Alabama...OSU will get a visit for the Wisconsin game, will visit ND for the USC game, and Michigan for The Game. Hopes to also make LSU/Alabama and will give Ole Miss his last visit.
Scout $ - The Opening: Raekwon McMillan Update '14 GA LB Raekwon McMillan
- OSU, Alabama, Clemson in that order...UGA and Florida hanging around...Coach Meyer is the #1 reason he favors OSU.
ESPN $ - Buckeyes leap in race for WR Dixon '14 FL WR Johnnie Dixon
- Ohio State & Miami lead. Plans on visiting Alabama, Tennessee, West Virginia & possibly Florida. Would like to make a decision soon.
Updated Visitor List (subject to change)
July 26th (Friday Night Lights)
'14 QB Shelby Spence (Chicago, IL)
'14 WR Austin Roberts (Carmel, IN)
'14 OL Donell Stanley (Latta, SC)
'14 OL Frank Ragnow (Victoria, MN)
'14 DL Malik McDowell (Detroit, MI) tentative
'14 LB Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, GA)
'14 DB Erick Smith (Cleveland, OH)
'14 S Cortez McDowell (Locust Grove, GA) tentative
'14 ATH Marshon Lattimore (Cleveland, OH)
'15 QB Jayru Campbell (Detroit, MI)
'15 QB Lorenzo Nunez (Kennesaw, GA)
'15 QB Alex Malzone (Bloomfield Hills, MI)
'15 RB Mike Weber (Detroit, MI)
'15 TE Garrett Williams (Orlando, FL) tentative
'15 OG Nick Wilson (Alpharetta, GA) tentative
'15 OT David Moorman (Northville, MI)
'15 OL Rob Dowdy (Westerville, OH)
'15 DE Jashon Cornell (St. Paul, MN)
'15 DE CeCe Jefferson (Glen St. Mary, FL)
'15 LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. (Indianapolis, IN)
'15 ATH Jerome Baker (Cleveland, OH)
Commits - Damon Webb, Marcelys Jones, Jamarco Jones, Sam Hubbard, Lonnie Johnson
September 28th (Wisconsin)
'14 TE Tyler Luatua (La Mirada, CA) - official
'14 ATH John "JuJu" Smith (Long Beach, CA) - official
'15 DE CeCe Jefferson (Glen St. Mary, FL)
October 26th (Penn State)
'14 OL Demetrius Knox (Fort Worth, TX) - official
'14 LB Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, GA) - official
'15 ATH Jacques Patrick (Orlando, FL)
November 23rd (Indiana)
'14 JUCO OL Chad Mavety (East Garden City, NY) - official
Damon Webb "Only One"
Mattrell McGraw Interview
Jamal Adams Interview
Yesterday, I may have seen two of the very best offensive linemen in the Ohio Class of 2015 at the Sims/Cofield Camp at John Carroll University and at Chris Chambers Camp. Nordonia's offensive tackle, Cameron Bell, and Warren Harding's, James Daniels. Both prospects look the part, work hard and possess good skills for so early.
Had read about Cameron last spring and then received a call from his high school coach. His coach wanted me to evaluate him. Anybody listed at 6'8-340, I just have to check out. Do not know if those are his exact measurments, but close. Huge! After watching him throw the shot and discus, his footwork was of a major concern for me. Bad. But as I watched his video, pass blocking and his feet were okay. As I watched him yesterday, I believe that he can be a natural left tackle. Footwork much improved. Used his hands for good separation. Liked his lead block technique. Seems to getting more aggressive. Most of all, he is just going into his junior year and is at least 6'7 and 315 pounds. Should be one of the top OL guys in the Class of 2015.
Ohio State Football: Meet Terry McLaurin (I Sports Web)
Buckeye Nation was lucky when they got a commitment from 3-star WR Terry McLaurin. The other day I was lucky enough to catch up with the Indianapolis native and get to know Ohio State Football’s most recent star of 2014.
Q: What made you finally decide on Ohio State, and when did you truly know you wanted to be a Buckeye?
I decided I wanted to go to Ohio State the day after the second camp. I had accessed my other two options, and it just felt right and was an all around fit for me and my family.
It was an exciting day at Nike's The Opening, where many of Ohio State's commits and recruiting targets competed to showcase their skills and athleticism. In fact, the majority of future Ohio State players performed at the highest level inside of the camp itself, including '14 WR commit Terry McLaurin who posted an incredible 4.41 40-yard dash and a 44.8" vertical. McLaurin's former high school coach seemed to be pleased with how Terry has handled his recruiting.
McLaurin wasn't the only to shine out of the Buckeye commitments, but his SPARQ rating equated to 141.96. If you remember last year in the class of 2013, inbound Buckeye LB Mike Mitchell posted a 154.47 SPARQ rating, the highest of all time, and still holds that record today.
The Opening: Competition starts (247Sports)
BEAVERTON, Ore.- The Opening 2013 continues today with 7on7 Pool Play and Lineman Challenge workout on the Nike Campus. Check back for updates both in this article and in the comments section below from our analysts on site.