- Montae Nicholson ran a blazing (for electronic) 4.6 40
- Dante Booker runs a 4.53 at The Opening
- Tony Brown ran a 4.35 40 and a 3.83 shuttle. He wore the 4.35 shirt and he hit the number
- Raekwon McMillan just had a 40' powerball throw and a 36" vertical
- John Bonney ran a 4.10 shuttle and 4.61 40, Bonney threw the power ball 43 feet
- Terrence Alexander ran a 4.4 at The Opening today, per a text from his pops
- Speedy Noil posts the 2nd highest all-time SPARQ at 153.51
- Curtis Samuel jumps 40.7", ran a personal best 4.36 40
- Terry McLaurin ran a 4.41 in 40 and 42-1 in vertical, SPARQ score of 141.96
- Parris Campbell Jr ran a 4.41 forty, 40.5 vertical and 4.16 shuttle at age 15
- Austin Roberts no longer visiting USC, Roberts ran a 4.51 40 and 4.23 shuttle during SPARQ testing
- Damon Webb ran a 4.67 40 and a 4.15 shuttle. 28" vert.
- Kyle Berger ran a 4.73 and a 4.21 shuttle, with a 31.6" vertical.
BN$--Meyer Pushing For Samuel '14 NY ATH Curtis Samuel
- Curtis says he speaks with Coaches Meyer and Warinner every week. He can definitely see himself in tOSU's offense and is also considering Alabama, Miami, Notre Dame and Rutgers.
BN$-Roberts Ready For OSU FNL '14 IN WR/TE Austin Roberts
- Austin says if he enjoys FNL as much as he anticipates, that will likely lead to his commitment.
Scout$--The Opening: Thomas Holley '14 NY DT Thomas Holley
- Thomas loves the competition at The Opening and says he is in the process of cutting his list down. He says tOSU's tradition and the job fair program stood out to him.
Scout$--The Opening: Austin Roberts update '14 IN WR/TE Austin Roberts
- Austin says he is still considering Ohio State, Florida, Miami (Fla.) and Alabama. tOSU is the only school talking about using him a H-back hybrid.
BG$--Eluemunor hoping for final decision soon '14 JUCO PA OL Jermaine Eluemunor
- Hopes to decide by Friday.
BG$--Damien Mama very Open '14 CA OL Damien Mama
- Damien hasn't narrowed his list but has scheduled a visit to Alabama for the LSU game. He plans to announce at the UA game.
Scout$--The Opening: Jalyn Holmes Update '14 VA DE Jalyn Holmes
- Jalyn says everything feels right about tOSU and he is enjoying his time with the other committed players. He wants to get faster and learn to be more violent with his hands.
Scout$--The Opening: Clifton Garrett Update '14 IL LB Clifton Garrett
- Clifton says he will definitely take all five officials and those will include trips to Florida, LSU and Tennessee. He says LSU is his current leader.
Updated Visitor List (subject to change)
July 26th (Friday Night Lights)
'14 QB Shelby Spence (Chicago, IL)
'14 WR Austin Roberts (Carmel, IN)
'14 OL Donell Stanley (Latta, SC)
'14 OL Frank Ragnow (Victoria, MN)
'14 DL Malik McDowell (Detroit, MI) tentative
'14 LB Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, GA)
'14 DB Erick Smith (Cleveland, OH)
'14 S Cortez McDowell (Locust Grove, GA) tentative
'14 ATH Marshon Lattimore (Cleveland, OH)
'15 QB Jayru Campbell (Detroit, MI)
'15 QB Lorenzo Nunez (Kennesaw, GA)
'15 QB Alex Malzone (Bloomfield Hills, MI)
'15 RB Mike Weber (Detroit, MI)
'15 TE Garrett Williams (Orlando, FL) tentative
'15 OG Nick Wilson (Alpharetta, GA) tentative
'15 OT David Moorman (Northville, MI)
'15 OL Rob Dowdy (Westerville, OH)
'15 DE Jashon Cornell (St. Paul, MN)
'15 DE CeCe Jefferson (Glen St. Mary, FL)
'15 LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. (Indianapolis, IN)
'15 ATH Jerome Baker (Cleveland, OH)
Commits - Damon Webb, Marcelys Jones
September 28th (Wisconsin)
'14 TE Tyler Luatua (La Mirada, CA) - official
'14 ATH John "JuJu" Smith (Long Beach, CA) - official
'15 DE CeCe Jefferson (Glen St. Mary, FL)
October 26th (Penn State)
'14 OL Demetrius Knox (Fort Worth, TX) - official
'14 LB Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, GA) - official
'15 ATH Jacques Patrick (Orlando, FL)
November 23rd (Indiana)
'14 JUCO OL Chad Mavety (East Garden City, NY) - official
Current class of 2014 basketball commit Jae'Sean Tate of Pickerington Central was in Washington, D.C. over the weekend participating in the Kevin Durant Skills Academy. The camp had most of the top high school and college shooting guards and small forwards in the country in attendance including current Buckeyes Sam Thompson, LaQuinton Ross and current Thad Matta targets LeRon Black of Tennessee and Chicago guard Charles Matthews.
The name Charles Matthews might be a new one to some of Buckeye Nation. The 6-5 190 pound five star shooting guard received a scholarship offer from the Bucks over the weekend, joining Kentucky, Illinois, Arizona and quite a few other top programs. According to the 247Sports Composite Rankings, the St. Rita junior to be is the seventh player in the class of 2015, the top shooting guard and the best player the state of Illinois has to offer.
The eye-poppers (247Sports)
BEAVERTON, Oreg. – The SPARQ National Championship took place on Monday night, televised on ESPNU and was won by the fittingly monikered Speedy Noil. It was a deserving recipient of the championship considering Noil posted the most eye-popping number of the event: a 45.3-inch vertical.
But there were a number of shocking numbers produced in what was the most athletic SPARQ combine in the history of The Opening. Below we take a look at some of the most startling numbers of the day.