- Coach Herman will visit QB Stephen Collier tomorrow and will watch him throw.
Scout $ - Smith not narrowing list, but has standouts '14 CA ATH John 'JuJu' Smith
- Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, UCLA & Washington. Likes Urban Meyer & the program. Wants to study sports medicine & will make a decision after visits & the football season.
Scout $ - Reed Favors Two Schools '14 FL DE Justus Reed
- Offered by Ohio State today & says the offer is huge. Really likes Coach Meyer & wants to play for a big time football program. Also offered by North Carolina today & says both teams stand out. Wants to visit North Carolina, Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Duke, Central Florida, Florida State, Miami and Ohio State.
Scout $ - Booker Looking At Two? '14 OH LB Dante Booker
- Thinking of camping at tOSU with Parris Campbell, but isn't sure if he'll participate. Says Ohio State still leads, but Notre Dame is a close #2. Might make a decision this summer.
Scout $ - Bucks Offer 2014 Safety '14 GA S Kirk Tucker
- Excited by the offer & loves the tOSU tradition. Has high interest in Stanford, Arkansas, North Carolina, NC State & Louisville. Says academics are very important to him. Will camp at Ohio State on 6/21 with teammates Detric Dukes & Elisha Shaw (both have offers).
Updated Visitor List (subject to change)
'14 DT Poona Ford (Hilton Head Island, SC)
'15 ATH George Brown Jr. (Cincinnati, OH)
'15 ATH Jacques Patrick (Orlando, FL)
'14 DE Jalyn Holmes (Norfolk, VA)
'14 RB Derrell Scott (Havelock, NC)
'14 TE Mike Gesicki (Manahawkin, NJ)
'14 DT Elisha Shaw (Tucker, GA)
'14 LB Detric Dukes (Tucker, GA)
'14 S Kirk Turner (Tucker, GA)
November 23rd (Indiana)
'14 JUCO OL Chad Mavety (East Garden City, NY) - official
'14 JUCO OL Jermaine Eluemunor (Scranton, PA) - official/tentative
One talented athlete is very high on the Buckeyes, while another athlete grabs an Ohio State offer. Also, the Buckeyes get a visit on Monday from an in-state linebacker for the 2015 class. Find out who got offered, who included the Buckeyes in there top group and who visited below.
Exactly 6 days after defensive coordinator Luke Fickell stopped by his high school in Pennsylvania to visit him, '14 ATH Malik Hooker received an Ohio State offer. Hooker, who is also a prospect for basketball, has offers on the gridiron from Michigan, Penn State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia and now Ohio State to name a few.
Speaking of athletes, the Buckeyes received good news pertaining to an athlete in the state of New York. '14 ATH Curtis Samuel released his top 5 yesterday and sure enough, Ohio State made the cut. In order for the Buckeyes to win the battle for Samuel, they will have to beat out Alabama, Miami (FL), Notre Dame, and Rutgers, who also made his top group. The up-and-coming prospect from Erasmus High School is ranked as the third best player in the state and the no. 311 player in the nation. Most believe that Rutgers and Ohio State are in the best position for his services at this time.
We caught up with recent Texas decommit and 4-star OG Demetrius Knox to talk about his decommitment, his recruitment, his visit plans, Ohio State, and much more.
After being committed to his in-state Texas Longhorns for nearly five months, 4-star offensive guard Demetrius Knox officially decommitted about two weeks ago. Since then, Knox has reopened his recruitment, and many suspect Ohio State to be the early leader. In fact, national recruiting analyst Brian Perroni of 247Sports has named Ohio State as his prediction for Knox in 247Sports' Crystal Ball feature.
247Sports' Composite Rankings, Knox is rated a 95 overall, the 102nd best overall prospect in the nation, the 5th best offensive guard prospect in the nation, and the 15th best overall prospect in the talent-ladened state of Texas. There's a consensus that Knox will be a significant and star contributor at the college level, and his decommitment gave all schools who has previously been in pursuit a second chance. Knox caught me up on his decommitment details, his recruitment, his visit plans, and all things Ohio State:
Kitt gives the latest (247sports)
TYRONE, Ga. -- Four-star receiver Demarre Kitt of Sandy Creek High recently said he will announce his college choice June 10 and that his finalists were Clemson, Ohio State and Tennessee.
Demarre Kitt will announce in June.
But as it turns out, he will visit a fourth school before he makes his choice.
Kitt confirmed Monday following practice he will attend Auburn's Big Cat Weekend on May 25.
Auburn is a program that has been involved with Kitt, a one-time Georgia commit, for a long time. The question is, can the Tigers make a late push? That remains to be seen.
"Auburn has always been in the mix for me, even before I committed to Georgia," Kitt said. "I've just got to take a good look at it before I make my decision."