- USF offered Torrance Gibson
- Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Arizona, Stanford, Michigan State & Virginia offered Chase Winovich
- Michigan State offered Darius West
- USC offered Kendall Gant
- Nebraska offered Jalen Jelks
- UMass & UAB offered Jeffery Holland
- Florida State & Florida offered Nate Craig
- Alabama offered John Smith
- LSU offered Myles Autry
- Ohio offered Ermon Lane
- Georgia offered Josh Malone
- Texas Tech offered Vincent Jackson & Mark Andrews
- Baylor offered Corey Avery
- Mississippi State offered Johnnie Dixon
- Kerry Coombs is in Florida today, visited Tony James, Corey Holmes, & Nick Bosa
- Everett Withers & Zach Smith are both in Georgia today, visited Demarre Kitt today
- Buckeyes paid a visit to see Isaiah Calaway today
- Ohio State visited Shameik Blackshear, Mavin Saunders, Jacques Patrick, Raekwon McMillan & Bama commit Kalvaraz Bessent yesterday
- Erik Swenson has a Top 3 of Michigan, Ohio State & Notre Dame
ESPN $ - Demetrius Knox sets up official visit '14 TX OL Demetrius Knox
- Wants to see what the game atmosphere is like. Says Ohio State is high on his list & is his only planned official so far. Says he wants to take officials to Florida State, Oregon, Miami and UCLA as well.
Scout $ - Seven More Offers For Reed '14 FL DE Justus Reed
- Has been offered by Miami, Florida State, NC State, Iowa State, Boston College, Missouri & Cincinnati since Wednesday. Top 2 of Ohio State & UNC. Father, John Reed, played at UNC.
BN $ - OSU Offer Changes DE's Thinking '14 FL DE Trent Harris
- Was going to announce on 5/23 but will now visit OSU...had previously narrowed his list to Florida, Florida State and Georgia.
Scout $ - Dixon heating up '14 FL WR Johnnie Dixon
- Will take all five officials & make a decision after. Hearing the most from NC State, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, Miami, Louisville, Ohio State & Alabama. Looking for early playing time, good education & family atmosphere.
Get up to date with all the news from another eventful day in Buckeye recruiting including the latest on two state of Florida recruits who received OSU offers Monday.
Winter Park (FL) High school class of 2014 defensive end Trent Harris received a full ride scholarship offer from the Buckeyes Monday afternoon. OSU joins the likes of Alabama, Florida and Florida State in the hunt for the 6-2 230 pound pass rusher who finished with 50 tackles and an impressive 11 sacks last season as a junior. Harris had most recruiting analysts counting down the days until he announced his decision, but since receiving his offer from Ohio State, Trent has pushed back his announcement and now plans to visit the Columbus campus over the summer before deciding on a school.
The Orlando Sentinel caught up with Harris' coach moments after finding out that the Buckeyes had offered one of his star players and this is what he had to say on where Trent stands in the eyes of coach Meyer.
"I talked to Coach Meyer and he said Trent's very explosive off the ball and has long arms and he said he sees him as a stand-up D-end or even with his hand in the dirt. He said he is definitely high on their board and they are going to attack and recruit him hard"
First Academy sophomore Garrett Williams gets Ohio State scholarship offer (orlando sentinel)
Ohio State has made a college football scholarship offer to Orlando First Academy sophomore defensive end/tight end Garrett Williams.
Williams now has nine offers, with the others coming from FSU, Michigan State, Virginia, Clemson,Tennessee, Kentucky, Akron and Duke.
He talked last week about how he had already visited Ohio State but had no offer, yet.
Now he does.
"I’m just blessed ... God has really blessed me with all of this," Williams said. "Going into last summer, I was telling my mom that I'd be so happy if I could just get one offer and now I have nine. It's truly amazing and God had blessed me a lot with these offers."