- Florida State offered Justus Reed
- Tennessee offered John "JuJu" Smith
- Wisconsin offered Cortez McDowell
- Missouri offered D'Andre Walker
- Rutgers & Vanderbilt offered Nate Craig
- Poona Ford names Ohio State, Tennessee & Louisville his Top 3
- Ohio State expected to visit DeShaun Watson today
- Coach Vrabel will be in Chicago today, was in the Fort Worth/Dallas area yesterday
- Assuming Coach Withers here, will be visiting Derrell Scott today, will be in North Carolina
Scout $ - Three early favorites for 2015 standout '15 FL OL Martez Ivey
- 6'6" 286 lbs. Says South Carolina, Florida & Ohio State lead. Likes Ohio State due to Coach Meyer's history.
Scout $ - Isaiah Ford Wants to Play Two Sports '14 FL WR Isaiah Ford
- Wants to play football & basketball in college. Favors Virginia Tech, Louisville, Florida State, Ohio State & South Carolina.
Scout $ - Darlington wants to win '14 FL QB Zack Darlington
- Was very excited with the Ohio State offer & likes that it's a similar offense to what he plays now. Also discusses interest in Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Ole Miss & Nebraska. Would like to make a decision before his season & will visit Nebraska and Ohio State over the summer.
Scout $ - Possible Position Switch For Campbell? '14 OH ATH Parris Campbell Jr
- Says the staff has expressed interest in moving him to WR. Says he'll play either position & can make an impact at both. Continues to recruit Dante Booker.
newly Offered: '14 NJ ATH Noah Brown
newly offered: '16 IL OL Erik Swenson
Urban Meyer's coaching staff was all over the United States Thursday searching high and low for the top talent this country has then finished the day off by sending out an offer to a 2014 recruit.
Defensive line coach Mike Vrabel headed out west to the the Lone Star State of Texas to check in on some of state's top talent Thursday. One of the recruits Vrabel dropped in on was 2014 defensive end Solomon Thomas. The Buckeyes aren't the only team after Thomas; the home state Longhorns, Alabama, Arkansas and Oklahoma are just a few of the programs chasing him. No wonder so many coaches want to add Thomas to their rosters; the 6-3 255 pound lineman accounted for an impressive 89 tackles and 8.5 sacks for his Coppell High team last season.
From the sounds of things, Coach Vrabel also made a stop in Carrolton, Texas to take in the Hebron High spring game. Hebron is the home of 2014 four star defensive back Jamal Adams and 2015 offensive lineman Zach Rogers. Adams is a 6-0 200 pound ball hawk with just about every team in the country after him. Many believe it will be hard to get him to leave Texas, with the the Longhorns and Aggies near the top of his list. Rogers is no slouch either; with a couple years left of high school ball, the 6-2 300 pound junior to be is already putting together a list of scholarship offers better than some upperclassmen. Texas, Oklahoma and UCLA are just a few of the teams to send an offer his way.