- Virginia Tech offered Artavis Scott
- Alabama offered Clifton Garrett
- Florida State offered Demarre Kitt
- Tennessee offered Chris Lammons & Curtis Samuel
- Michigan offered Maurice Ways
- Boston College offered Darius West
- Tyler Luatua & Clifton Garrett unofficially visits Alabama
- Ian Bunting unofficially visits USC
- Parrker Westphal & Mark Andrews unofficially visits Michigan
- Micheal Barrow from Miami visits D.J. Smith
Scout $ - Jones Narrowing Focus '14 IL OL Jamarco Jones
- Recaps visits to Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State & Wisconsin over the spring. Asked about his interest in Ohio State & he says he likes tOSU and what they have to offer. Has some top schools in mind, but isn't ready to release a list.
Scout $ - Four-star Dickerson Breaks Down Final Five '14 NJ DE/TE Garrett Dickerson
- Schools metioned yesterday were in no order. Was able to visit tOSU last year & had a great talk with Coach Meyer. Also likes the facilities at tOSU.
Scout $ - McCaffrey Adds Another Big Offer '14 CO RB Christian McCaffrey
- Offered by Coach Herman & is very excited by the offer. Visiting Oregon & Washington this weekend.
Scout $ - Ruffin Continues To Add Offers '14 GA DB Nick Ruffin
- Wasn't expecting it, but was offered by Coach Withers. Says Alabama, Vanderbilt, Florida State, South Carolina & Georgia are his favorites right now. Plans on visiting Auburn, Ohio State & others over the summer.
Scout $ - Four-Star Wideout Sees Ohio State '14 AZ TE/WR Mark Andrews
- Was very impressed & says the visit exceeded his expectations. Looking for an honest coaching staff & somewhere he can fit in. Visiting Michigan & Notre Dame over the next two days.
Scout $ - Top Ohio Soph Adding Big Offers '15 OH ATH Shaun Crawford
- Talks about receiving the offers from Michigan State & Miami. Says Miami is high on his list & he plans to camp there and Florida State this summer. Says Ohio State has started to recruit him & says Coach Drayton was in his school this week. Also talks about his interest in Michigan.
ESPN $ - JUCO OT Mavety squarely in OSU plans '14 JUCO OT Chad Mavety
- Coach Warinner was at his school yesterday & says tOSU is high on his list.
Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 4/19 - Garrett Dickerson trims list to five, star DT offered (lghl)
Garrett Dickerson cut his final list to five schools, Derrick Nnadi was issued a scholarship, one potential recruit received a lot of Buckeye postal attention, and the staff both visited a prospect's school and played host to another recruit.
Yesterday evening we brought the goods on '14 tight end/defensive end Garrett Dickerson, as he laid out exactly what he thinks of the Buckeyes. We discovered why he has Ohio State near the top of his list, what coach from the staff he speaks with the most and what they discuss, as well as his idea of a timetable for his commitment. Clearly the most notable item gathered from Dickerson yesterday was his final list of schools. Announced on twitter, he trimmed his list to Stanford, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, and Northwestern. Very diverse list of schools in my opinion, as he has included the academic juggernauts (Stanford/Northwestern), national powerhouse programs (Ohio State/Alabama), and, well, that school up north (Michigan).
As for the newly offered defensive tackle, Virginia Beach native Derrick Nnadi announced via twitter that he had received two new scholarship offers: Ohio State and Maryland. Nnadi is one elite talent, being rated as the 17th best defensive tackle according to 247Sports, the 10th best defensive tackle according to Scout, and the 2nd best defensive tackle according to Rivals. Combined together, 247Sports' Composite Rankings has him as the 7th best defensive tackle in nation. Making logical sense geographically 247Sports also lists him as favoriting Virginia, and Virginia Tech as of now. Let's see if this Buckeye offer shakes up things in the near future. Nnadi brings an impressive physical skill set, being listed at 6-1, 305-pounds. Recently accepting an invitation to the U.S. Army All-American game, he will continue to be exposed on the national scene. I have a feeling that Ohio State will not be anywhere near the last big-time powerhouse to offer him. We'll keep you posted on his recruitment as it progresses.
We had the pleasure of catching up with 2014 four star New Jersey recruit Garrett Dickerson and talked about everything from the Buckeyes to when the talented defensive/tight end will make his college choice known.
On a live appearance on SportsCenter earlier this week, Buckeye head coach Urban Meyer had nothing but great things to say about the Ohio State tight ends, Jeff Heuerman and Nick Vannett, even going as far to say they are "the best he's had" during his long and impressive coaching career. After adding stud Riverside, California native Marcus Baugh in the 2013 recruiting class, the Buckeyes are back on their grind, searching the country for another talented tight end to bring into the fold for 2014.
One of the prospects the Buckeye coaching staff have set their sights on is 6-4 245 pound Garrett Dickerson. The Oradell, New Jersey product, who visited Columbus last November, caught college coaches' attention after racking up over 360 receiving yards to go along with his 3 touchdowns. But Dickerson just didn't help Bergen Catholic on offense; he also put up 60 tackles and 6 sacks last season from the defensive end spot, where some teams think he might end up playing at the next level.
CINCINNATI -- The Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour will head to Cincinnati this weekend and many top story lines are expected to emerge. Here are five things to watch for this weekend.
1. Air Patrol
California and the Southeast might be known as the big producers of defensive back talent in the country, but the Midwest will state its case for respect in Cincinnati this weekend.
|Darius West is part of a strong group of DBs ready to take part in Saturday's action.|
The group of cornerbacks and safeties headed to Lakota West High School on Saturday is very deep with talent.
Headlining the group is Ohio State cornerback commit Damon Webb of Detroit Cass Tech, ranked as the No. 32 overall prospect in the country and the No. 6 cornerback. He will be joined by fellow four-star defensive backs Darius West of Lima (Ohio) Central Catholic and Nilijah Ballew of Cincinnati (Ohio) Walnut Hills.
In total, more than 15 defensive backs attending on Saturday already have garnered Division I scholarship offers. But they will not find easy matchups. The wide receiver group headed to Cincinnati is also packed with top-end talent, including four-stars Derek Kief and Travon Hudson. The one-on-ones between these two position groups promises to be among the day's best.
2. Fighting for a fourth star
The Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour is an opportunity for top prospects to test themselves against the other top players in the region, but another stated goal by many of the upcoming participants is to increase their Rivals rating.
Those players who sit on the cusp of four-star status seem to be most motivated, and Saturday's event in Cincinnati will feature a number of prospects who are in the high three-star range, including Cincinnati (Ohio) Winton Woods safety Mike Edwards, Minster, Ohio, tight end Ethan Wolf, Elizabethtown (Ky.) John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam, Phoenix (Ariz.) Desert Vista defensive end Jalen Jelks, Southfield, Mich., defensive end Lawrence Marshall and Huber Heights (Ohio) Wayne linebacker Dorian Hendrix.
Several from Rivals.com's team of analysts will be on hand for Saturday's camp, evaluating all players and seeing their offseason progression.
It was awesome! My coaches spoke to coach Warinner since I'm not allowed. He told them that he loves the way I play in person even more than my film and there is no doubt that I'm his left tackle.— 2014 4-star JUCO OL Chad Mavety to Land-Grant Holy Land