- North Carolina offered George Brown Jr.
- Colorado offered John Smith
- Michigan State offered Juwann Bushell-Beatty
- Rutgers offered Maurice Ways
- Virginia Tech offered Quincy Wilson
- Ron Burton from Michigan State & USC visits Clifton Garrett
- Ron Crook from West Virginia visits Chad Mavety
- David Kotulski and Derek Mason from Stanford visits Jabrill Peppers
- Terry Joseph from Nebraska visits Parrker Westphal
- Zach Azzanni from Tennessee evaluates Josh Malone
- @rivalsmike Heard from great source that 5 star DB Jabrill Peppers is now heavy lean to #Michigan and that #OhioState and #LSU have dropped on list. FWIW.
- Mattrell McGraw spoke on the phone with Coach Withers today
- Jacques Patrick talked with Urban Meyer tonight
- Coach Meyer tried to speak with Braden Smith tonight, was not available. Will talk on Tuesday
- Artavis Scott has heard from Ohio State and Michigan today
Scout $ - PA Swag 7v7: Scout 300 WR Godwin '14 DE WR Chris Godwin
- Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers & Virginia Tech are recruiting him the hardest. Would like to make a decision before his season, but isn't in a rush. Loves the campus & facilities at Ohio State.
Scout $ - Glenville's Smith Is Quiet Leader '14 OH S Erick Smith
- Visited Ohio State last weekend with his parents & says it feels like home. Wants to visit Alabama, Michigan, USC & Tennessee. Plans on returning to Ohio State in the summer with his parents.
Scout $ - Helm Checks Out Two Big Ten Powers '14 IL TE Daniel Helm
- Enjoyed the visit to Ohio State, but isn't sure if they'll offer & doesn't have much interest anyway. Had a great time at Michigan & expects to make a choice between Michigan, Tennessee, Florida & Ole Miss.
Scout $ - Does 5-star Peppers Have a Leader? '14 NJ DB Jabrill Peppers
- Jabrill's head coach says Michigan & Stanford lead, with Ohio State & LSU still in the mix. Likes the intensity & facilities at Ohio State & has a good relationship with Coach Coombs. Says Michigan will definitely get an official & he's evaluating who will get the others.
Scout $ - Smith said five schools stand out '14 CA ATH John 'JuJu' Smith
- Top 5 of USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame & UCLA. Wants to visit all five and plans on deciding close to Signing Day.
Scout $ - Scott talks top schools '14 NC RB Derrell Scott
- South Carolina, Florida State, Ohio State, Notre Dame & Clemson (in order). Likes Ohio State's offense and says the staff sees him in the Percy role. Might visit Duke, North Carolina, NC State & Ohio State this spring.
ESPN $ - McGraw, Petera look near and far '14 TN LB Petera Wilson
- Says he needs to visit Ohio State & expects tOSU to win a national championship. Named MVP at the Memphis Nike Camp on Sunday.
upcoming Visitor List
'14 WR Mark Andrews (Scottsdale, AZ)
'14 RB Dravon Henry (Aliquippa, PA)
November 23rd (Indiana)
'14 JUCO OL Chad Mavety (East Garden City, NY) - official
'14 JUCO OL Jermaine Eluemunor (Scranton, PA) - official/tentative
Clifton Garrett Interview
The 2013 version of Ohio State's spring game in Cincinnati took place this weekend, bringing in over 15 recruits from across the country to check out the Buckeyes in action.
It was a great weekend to be a Buckeye fan. While Ohio State showcased their 2013 team in the spring game, recruits got a taste of what playing for the Buckeyes is really all about. Being up close and personal during their visit drew some excellent reviews from the prospects in attendance, which we have plenty of for you to see. A few of the names that we have already talked to, such as '14 WR/TE Austin Roberts, '14 DE Shane Roy and '16 WR Cameron Chambers shared their thoughts with Land-Grant Holy Land yesterday, which you can see here, here and here.
Roberts is looked at more like a hybrid-type of player, in that he can play both tight end and wide receiver. His stature, 6'3", 210-pounds, makes him a nightmare mismatch at either position. In case you were too lazy to click on the link above, Roberts mentions that Ohio State is actually recruiting him as an H-back, something that has become a staple of Coach Meyer's offense. Roberts goes on to say that coach (Kerry) Coombs would be by his school in the next month to talk to him. Roberts holds offers from Alabama, Florida, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and many other BCS-level schools. In 2012, Roberts hauled in 34 passes for 413 yards for three touchdowns and earned Junior All-State and All-MIC honors.
Wide receiver Austin Roberts of Carmel (Ind.) High left Ohio State's spring game on Saturday feeling good about the Buckeyes, and he talks about his experience in Cincinnati and where Ohio State stands with him going forward.
“It went even better than I thought it would be,” Roberts said. “I didn’t know what to expect because it was in Cincinnati, but the atmosphere was electric, the fans were screaming their heads off, and the players came out with a lot of energy.It surprised me a little, actually.”
“[Head coach] (Urban) Meyer and [cornerbacks coach] (Kerry) Coombs were happy to see me, and they were surprised at how much I’ve grown in two months, which was last time I saw them,” Roberts said. “I was 6-foot-2, 200-pounds, and now I’m up to 6-foot-3, 210-pounds. They told me they really want me to be their H-back in this year’s class.”